TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Firmware - when to worry?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SabrToothSqrl, Mar 31, 2015.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, as more and more people get 6.2.. And... I can't help but notice, I don't have it yet... When do you worry? Two weeks? Four? Six?

so, if I don't have it by..?

I Go in to a service on the 11th, so I'm sure they will force one, but just for future reference, what's the max it should take to update the whole fleet?

thanks.

2. tezzla

tezzla Member

When 6.0 came out, I didn't get it for 2 months. Patience Grasshopper!

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Worry why? Is your car currently completely or partially disabled? Are you worried that the non-latest firmware means you'll wreck or something?

Impatience and/or annoyance I understand. Worry I don't.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Patience?! I exhausted all of that when I got stuck behind a bus today. :)

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

You never worry. Well, actually you worry about getting it early, generally a later download date means a later version with fewer undocumented features.

6. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

Several updates, I had to wait about 3.5 months. By the time, I got it, people were already reporting the next version. Really sucked.

7. napabill

napabill Active Member

Welcome to the alternate universe where "classic" early adopters get sent. Just because we took all the early risk doens't mean didily squat to TM.

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have no idea why, but I tend to get them pretty quickly. 6.2 was the fastest yet. I was very surprised to see the update notice yesterday. I got my car in Sept 14. It does have all the Autopilot stuff. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Oh, and I am connected to WiFI, which they did state would get them faster.

9. strengthcoach4

Wifi makes no difference. I'm always on wifi at home and office and I usually get OTA'S months after they are rolled out. VIN P03744

10. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

You've had a Model S since 2013 and have 130 posts and you're concerned you don't have 6.2 yet? It's only been out for two days. You've been through enough upgrades to know that except for the urgent one affecting air suspension lowering last year, it has always taken a month or more for everyone to get it.

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

He just got his CPO 2013 Model S within the last 6 months and I believe this is his first firmware upgrade since he got it (it was at the Service Center twice shortly after delivery, so it likely came to him with 6.1 already on it)

12. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

Chill, he bought it used a month ago!... Sabr, maybe you should put that in your signature!

13. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Patience young padawan. Not sure if it is true or not, but I was told that they did prioritize autopilot and D cars this time specifically. Many of the enhancements are not usable on the pre autopilot models. And trust me, nothing in the 6.2 is earth shattering. Just fine tuning in my opinion and if you read the comments, the fine tuning needs fine tuning!!!