Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you find this out? Interest rates just increased?
I applied for financing after I got my vin, sadly missed the October rate as it was November 1st. There’s a financing thread in the Canada forum

Bros y'all are lucky. Toronto July 26 order LR/White/White/5/19/No Tow/FSD. EDD was Nov 4-Dec4 then Nov14-Dec4, now it's Nov20-Dec4. No vin :(
mine is a MYP

I am really interested if people are getting performance MYs with 22 VINs yet. Since those are shipping pretty quickly, I am nervous of pulling the trigger too soon.
Whether you get an “October 31“ 2021 vin or a “November 1“ 2022 vin, the cars are identical. What are you hoping to get by not pulling the trigger too soon? At this point, the reason to wait is a potential tax rebate and that has nothing to do with model year but actual purchase/delivery date.

I just got my vin today too for a MYLR. It said it will be a 2022. Edd is 11/16-11/27. I had my wall charger hooked up for two months now because the dates kept changing.
Congratulations! And good on you that you had the charger set up beforehand. We made a mistake of installing the charger one week after my wife's M3 delivery so she had to use the trickle charger initially and it was a pain in the butt.

I am really interested if people are getting performance MYs with 22 VINs yet. Since those are shipping pretty quickly, I am nervous of pulling the trigger too soon.
I have a MYP with a ‘22 VIN. I got the VIN two days ago. Ordered on October 5th. EDD keeps narrowing, it’s Nov 15-21 as of today. Now, do I put it on hold for a possible tax credit is the question. I’ll probably take delivery, but I hate this conflicted feeling. Lol

Reactions: MrJeep997
Adding data here.. Received a 2021 VIN yesterday for delivery by 14 Nov. I declined & put order on hold (since my plan all along was to not receive until early 2022). Before receiving a VIN my EDD was Jan-Feb 2022.

OD: 17 Sept 2021 - Maryland (original EDD: March)
Build: MYLR | White/ White | 5 Seats | Tow | 19" Wheels | No FSD

Adding data here.. Received a 2021 VIN yesterday for delivery by 14 Nov. I declined & put order on hold (since my plan all along was to not receive until early 2022). Before receiving a VIN my EDD was Jan-Feb 2022.

I'm in similar situation. Had Jan-Feb for my EDD for a while then it changed to Nov-Dec and now Nov 13-19 after I got my VIN. They still haven't called me so I'm going to hold on as long as I can and see what happens to the Tax credit.

Reactions: impastu
So, I just got my VIN today and it is an N (2022) and my EDD is now Nov. 20 - 24.

I've seen where some of you are putting the order on hold based on possible fed credits. My thought is that I expect next falls model Y to be better - new batteries, who knows what else. Based on 3-5month lead times, I'm just going to order another model y when there's more visibility into possible changes and trade in/sell the current one. If the tax credits go through I'll take advantage then.

Reactions: estoyf and Ladybugn
Got my VIN today
Screenshot_20211106-215239_Chrome~3.jpg

Bruh wth. We have the same except I didn't get tow. My order date is July 25th. What gives with this lol. I don't mind them shipping yours over to me. I'm so confused as to how this happens lol.

Reactions: impastu
Ordered mine yesterday, Silver/Black MYP with no tow or FSD. Quoted delivery is 12/11-12/31. Debating on how to play this myself. I want to push the delivery date out as far as possible since I don't actually even need a car until next June... I just didn't want to get caught with a $3-4k price hike if they pass the bill.

$250 means nothing to me compared to getting a 2022 VIN and delivery in 2022. That said, it may be stupid, but if Tesla doesn't hike the prices by 11/15-11/16 I may cancel and just reorder - wanted to add the tow package anyway, it'll save me from having to speak to a service rep lol. Once I reorder I plan to reject the first VIN they assign.... regardless of delivery date. Hell, I'd be okay with a March date right now, I just know that by then it'll probably cost $3-5k more, especially if this bill passes.

Reactions: Jabroni and impastu
Ordered mine yesterday, Silver/Black MYP with no tow or FSD. Quoted delivery is 12/11-12/31. Debating on how to play this myself. I want to push the delivery date out as far as possible since I don't actually even need a car until next June... I just didn't want to get caught with a $3-4k price hike if they pass the bill.

$250 means nothing to me compared to getting a 2022 VIN and delivery in 2022. That said, it may be stupid, but if Tesla doesn't hike the prices by 11/15-11/16 I may cancel and just reorder - wanted to add the tow package anyway, it'll save me from having to speak to a service rep lol. Once I reorder I plan to reject the first VIN they assign.... regardless of delivery date. Hell, I'd be okay with a March date right now, I just know that by then it'll probably cost $3-5k more, especially if this bill passes.
Just call in or chat online and ask for your order to be put on hold. And add the tow package. Simple.

I think the price hikes are done for now. The last little 1K bump was a final tweak.
Hikes were initially to manage the backlog surge, then later to adjust for the tax rebate/credit possibility.
I don't think the 8K credit will survive, but I can believe 4500 or so, and that seems the amount reflected in Tesla's price adjustments.
The CBO funding analysis would show the whopper that an 8-12.5K gift would cost. The BBB is anything but a sure thing. Something, yes...but everything? Not a good bet.