Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First look at the Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sticking with the "Best Western" theme I looked up Barstow. On E Main St right off I15 is a Best Western in Barstow and on that road there seems to be many different restaurant options. Seems like another excelent location. I called and reception had no clue about a charging location.:crying:
Do you think that maybe ... just maybe ... your having stalked like this and Tesla caught wind ... that they should have signed an NDA with the hotel, that they probably called the other locations and indeed told them to "shutup". I would have.

Just let them do their thing and we'll find out soon enough.

Jeez.

Screenshot_4.jpg

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Fortunately we don't have to wait for long now anyway, live stream too. Hope it works better this time.

11 PM EST, and with their stream history... I'll just read the recaps on twitter/blogs (and here of course)

And, they are apparently doing this at the dark, noisy Hawthorne design studio venue. If it's anything like the Model X launch, then, there's not much to see (or that can be seen!) except maybe Bill Nye, The Science Guy ;)

A daytime reveal at an actual supercharger site would have been nice but, probably not as cool as throwing a party (which they do quite well) :)

My hearing of the Bloomberg interview: "fully over 100 Superchargers" that will allow driving "anywhere in the country" and "eventually anywhere in the world." That works.
Yep, though I'm sure that 100 is over a fairly long period. I wouldn't be surprised if the goal is the 100 (full country coverage) by the time the Gen 3 is ready, that way the true mass market car has the necessary supporting infrastructure. For Model S folks, it'll just be some key corridors at first.

> Los Angeles will riot if there is not a SuperCharger in Barstow. [CapitalistOppressor]

Nah, do it further out in Baker. By then the fear of rotting in the desert sun is palpable & the coins go right into the slot.

I've coasted into Baker on fumes & kissed the ground as I tumbled out of the Econoline.
--