Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what is going on. I have had it in to the SC twice for this and they just update the software and send me on my way. But I really want the automatic updates that the car is supposed to come with, especially since I am 1.5 hours from the SC. I want to see that little yellow clock on my dash!
Make sure your car has access to wifi overnight, and always connected is checked in settings.

Make sure your car has access to wifi overnight, and always connected is checked in settings.
Thanks for helping! For some reasonI don't see "always connected" in settings. Actually, I couldn't find anything related to wifi in 'settings', but if I click on the wifi icon it does bring up some information about wifi. Do these settings look correct.

FullSizeRender.jpg

WiFi is not a requirement, mine updates over LTE just fine, maybe a little later than others, but hard to say whether it's because it's not on WiFi or simply due to the nature of the gradual/staggered rollout approach Tesla is using for pushing updates out to the fleet.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Thanks for helping! For some reasonI don't see "always connected" in settings. Actually, I couldn't find anything related to wifi in 'settings', but if I click on the wifi icon it does bring up some information about wifi. Do these settings look correct.

View attachment 196085
Always connected is a check box next to Energy Saving at the bottom of the Displays section of the Settings tab. ;)

Attachments

• 20160925_011147.jpg
    20160925_011147.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Informative
Reactions: madodel
WiFi is not a requirement, mine updates over LTE just fine, maybe a little later than others, but hard to say whether it's because it's not on WiFi or simply due to the nature of the gradual/staggered rollout approach Tesla is using for pushing updates out to the fleet.

I remember reading in the manual that wifi facilitates updates. Tesla recommended it. I guess if LTE is strong enough and wifi was not available, that would work as well. I do know that tech support can "push" an update over LTE when they need to. Always connected should remain checked in settings.

Can't wait to see if they fixed the USB reloading every time and the following from the notes (especially the first one on non-PUP):
  • Improved Auto Front Door functionality
 (Model X only)
  • Falcon Wing doors open and close more quickly (Model X only)

//TB
Oh great, now people will be complaining the FW doors are closing too fast and eating their children. ;-)

Always connected is a check box next to Energy Saving at the bottom of the Displays section of the Settings tab. ;)

I would have never found that, who knew "always connected" referred to wifi?? .... but it turns out it is properly checked so that is not the problem. So, I am in the same situation, 5 months and not one update :( When I look at my wifi signal icon when parked in my garage, I can see the wifi is signal is very low... would that prevent me from getting the update clock icon? It makes sense that it would be hard to process the update if wifi is low, but it seems like I would at least get the message that an update is available. Not once in 5 months.... crazy!