Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, they have built it - it will come! With Tesla the wait is part of the experience :p Enjoy it, while it lasts! 8.1 is likely at least 6 months out. And model 3 is even further out! Waiting on 8.0 for our Xs is our best near term chance to tingle in anticipation ;)

I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with 8.0. Does it have a couple nice new features? Sure. Is it so amazing that it will change your driving experience? Not really. We got 8.0 on our S and honestly, going back and forth between the two (S and X) isn't that much different. The media player is the biggest noticeable change, followed up by the map UI.

Reactions: Diavel and dwebb66
The biggest positive change to the Nav is the ability to select or deselect tolls and ferties. The warnings to put your hands back on the steering wheel are reasonable. The app now sends out a request to move your car 5 minutes after the supercharger has completed so that others can use the supercharger (it does not sense if anyone else is waiting or if there are any empty. I returned when mine was finished and 5/6 were empty.) Nav now gives you 4 view options (total trip, next leg trip, north, direction of travel), it also changes the zoom level dependent on speed of the car, and there is an improved turn list. The voice commands are now transcribed on the dash but the system appears to have gone back to step one in recognizing voice commands, I guess this will get better with use. The audio source selection was removed from the steering wheel wheel to decrease response time, you have to use the touchscreen. Overall a worthy accomplishment!

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and ModelX
The biggest positive change to the Nav is the ability to select or deselect tolls and ferties. The warnings to put your hands back on the steering wheel are reasonable. The app now sends out a request to move your car 5 minutes after the supercharger has completed so that others can use the supercharger (it does not sense if anyone else is waiting or if there are any empty. I returned when mine was finished and 5/6 were empty.) Nav now gives you 4 view options (total trip, next leg trip, north, direction of travel), it also changes the zoom level dependent on speed of the car, and there is an improved turn list. The voice commands are now transcribed on the dash but the system appears to have gone back to step one in recognizing voice commands, I guess this will get better with use. The audio source selection was removed from the steering wheel wheel to decrease response time, you have to use the touchscreen. Overall a worthy accomplishment!
Ferties? o_O:D:p;)

• Funny
Reactions: bmah