Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Supercharger-Only Coast to Coast Road Trip in a Tesla Model S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Sam. This is great to see because it means Tesla is spacing out the superchargers so we won't ever have to worry about range anxiety. You made the Macedonia-Somerset trip just fine without even needing the Cranberry SC that is under construction. Great news!

The first half of my journey is complete. I arrived in VA Beach tonight at 7:45PM EST. I drove ~3800 miles and charged using nothing but Tesla Supercharging Stations.
I want to thank everyone that gave me hints, suggestions, and made me laugh along the way. Most of all I want to thank Tesla Motors for making the best car I’ve ever seen, driven or owned.
Tesla, you are changing the world one drive at a time.
Everything is possible in this new world. Sustainable transportation. Free Cross Country Travel. Most of all, you are changing heart and minds. Not through advertising and manipulation. But my making an incredible product that sells itself.
I’m going to sleep 12 hours (at least) and then turn around and come home. If anyone is interested if it is possible, twice, I will continue to post here. I don’t have the numbers yet, and likely won’t for another week. For that, I apologize.
If anyone is interested in meeting along the way, please email me and I’ll do my best to let you know the route and timing.
Sam
[email protected]
@teslaMS60 on twitter and instagram

Well done and sleep well! You've earned it!

Thanks again for showing me the way!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Cheers

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Bravo, Sam! Hope Tesla acknowledges your achievement with a blog post update.

I hope Tesla uses this trip to show potential customers that all things are possible in an MS60.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Sam... I'll continue to follow to see if the trip West is as smooth as the trip East was.

The weather is supposed to be a bit warmer, so I think East to West should have some advantages. Also knowing a thing is possible makes it a bit easier a second time.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done and congrats! If you get a chance put your numbers at Most Superchargers Visited and Superchargers Visited - Wiki.

You probably have everyone except Flat Stanley beat!

Want to know something funny: I have no idea how many Superchargers I've visited. It used to be 10 before this trip. Now I have no idea. But I'll definitely update the forum.

Thanks Cottonwood!

- - - Updated - - -

I've really enjoyed following your historic journey Sam! Great job.

Thanks Hodginator. It's nice to be back in VA.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done, Sam. You're a pioneer, and your trip is forever immortalized.

If someone who was wondering if they should get a new ICE car or the MS60 chooses the MS60, then this trip has been a success. We need to have sustainable transportation and since the GENIII won't be available for a few years, Tesla needs to get more people into 60s.

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely done and congratulations! I hope Tesla acknowledges/publicizes your feat.

Thanks Bluefuego!

I think Tesla would be well served to at least let people know the arc of the possible. The supercharging network is as spread out as it will ever be. I think we will all be surprised at how easy this trip is, how many routes are available and how many people repeat this trip over 2014 and beyond.

Congratulations on the trip!! I drove my 60 from Virginia to Orlando last month through some very cold temps and had a blast. Now if I could find the time to head West...

If you want to take the more scenic route to Hagarstown (15 North), I'll buy you lunch in Leesburg though I don't want to slow your roll:smile:

PS, Nice config (gray/tan)

Last edited:
Congratulations on the trip!! I drove my 60 from Virginia to Orlando last month through some very cold temps and had a blast. Now if I could find the time to head West...

If you want to take the more scenic route to Hagarstown (15 North), I'll buy you lunch in Leesburg though I don't want to slow your roll:smile:

PS, Nice config (gray/tan)

Thanks so much for the kind offer I wish I could join you have for lunch but I'm already in Somerset Pennsylvania.