Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla Buyer Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I ordered 7/31 LR AWD WoW 20” in Southern California. I have a very general question for someone new to this process, what is the job of my Sales advisor vs Operations advisor? Who should I be contacting for updates?

I’m trying to be patient, but it appears California orders aren’t delivered until the last two weeks of the quarter according to my operations advisor in Carlsbad. Has anyone else been told this?

Hi everyone, I ordered 7/31 LR AWD WoW 20” in Southern California. I have a very general question for someone new to this process, what is the job of my Sales advisor vs Operations advisor? Who should I be contacting for updates?

I’m trying to be patient, but it appears California orders aren’t delivered until the last two weeks of the quarter according to my operations advisor in Carlsbad. Has anyone else been told this?

I also ordered from Carlsbad recently and was told the same thing. My order was placed on 8/10 LR AWD Red/Black and I was originally quoted 4 to 6 weeks. I got my text today that the vehicle is in transit and am picking it up on 8/31. The vehicle was built on 8/26. Matthew Barnes is my sales advisor and he has been very helpful.

Reactions: Ormond
I've never heard of anyone at Tesla actually admitting the End-of-Quarter thing, but yes, that is typically how it works out. There are some exceptions if you match early with an in-stock or excess production vehicle that isn't sold, for whatever reason, but mostly CA cars come EOQ.

I had a former employee admit that in another thread. Basically, shipping to further destinations is the priority until the end of quarter approaches. Not 100%, they can still run some trucks down that way (I'm waiting in AZ too). Occasionally, some trucks will get diverted like what happened this past week with weather issues and they'll deliver elsewhere instead.

The local Tesla reps exist to show the cars and get orders. After that don't expect much. It used to be different but now they're a giant company. It's frustrating, but at least you aren't dealing with a local dealers markups and sleazy tactics.

• Disagree
Reactions: BlindPass
Experiences may vary. For example, my first sales advisor was non-existent. Never replied to anything. I only had a couple post-orsr questions. I was getting mad to the point of almost canceling...

I randomly got an email from a different sales advisor saying that he was taking over my account as my previous sales advisor was no longer there. This guy was spot on! He actually asked me to text his personal cell versus email so he could respond quicker (his preference, I would never ask or expect this). He always responded to my questions within an hour.

He followed my status from VIN assignment, through transport, pre delivery, and even sent me a delivery day Congratulations text.

I was never assigned (to my knowledge) an operations or delivery advisor.

Reactions: Rg3500
I randomly got an email from a different sales advisor saying that he was taking over my account as my previous sales advisor was no longer there. This guy was spot on! He actually asked me to text his personal cell versus email so he could respond quicker (his preference, I would never ask or expect this). He always responded to my questions within an hour.
I had almost the same experience. Dealt with one guy for the test drives and in-store order, got a couple follow-up emails from him, then he disappears. It was pretty clear the whole time that he knew very little anyway. A week or so later, I get an email from a manager saying that the first guy was no longer with them and answering my questions. The manager has been very responsive ever since, by phone and email (not that I expect him to have any pull in terms of making a car magically appear).

I also ordered from Carlsbad recently and was told the same thing. My order was placed on 8/10 LR AWD Red/Black and I was originally quoted 4 to 6 weeks. I got my text today that the vehicle is in transit and am picking it up on 8/31. The vehicle was built on 8/26. Matthew Barnes is my sales advisor and he has been very helpful.
Wow that’s awesome! Congrats on the quick turnaround.

I’ll just wait and hope I have similar luck. How was your build quality?

I've never heard of anyone at Tesla actually admitting the End-of-Quarter thing, but yes, that is typically how it works out. There are some exceptions if you match early with an in-stock or excess production vehicle that isn't sold, for whatever reason, but mostly CA cars come EOQ.

Elon actually confirmed this practice just a few days ago.... I saw the interview on this website (fyI it’s over 3 hours long). Anyway, he said they always start with east coast and over seas deliveries and then end up with the west coast. He acknowledged this is why the delivery numbers increase rapidly towards the end of the quarter.

Reactions: Sundiego26