Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update for those who also follow the Karma - latest software fixes the low-speed chugging/shudder while the Karma creeps - from accounts of people who have the upgrade, creep is now smooth ala ICE cars. Also, Command Center responsiveness has been substantially improved (screen click delay times cut in half) and the bluetooth quality is now (finally) on par with other premium cars' bluetooth call quality.

A few more things to come software-wise: daytime/nighttime screen modes (former has white background while the latter has black background), improved Command Center layout and color use to reduce click lag even further, improved navigation, working solar power screen and a few other improvements.

Just an update for those who also follow the Karma - latest software fixes the low-speed chugging/shudder while the Karma creeps - from accounts of people who have the upgrade, creep is now smooth ala ICE cars. Also, Command Center responsiveness has been substantially improved (screen click delay times cut in half) and the bluetooth quality is now (finally) on par with other premium cars' bluetooth call quality.

A few more things to come software-wise: daytime/nighttime screen modes (former has white background while the latter has black background), improved Command Center layout and color use to reduce click lag even further, improved navigation, working solar power screen and a few other improvements.

Sounds like things are moving in a positive direction for Fisker! One of my colleagues bought a Karma ES, haven't really had a chance to talk to him about his experience with it yet, though...

A new review from Autoblog Green
Fisker Revelations: new leader, good car, huge challenges

Some excerpts:

Three journalists and a Fisker representative piled into the car, and I spent the first several minutes wedged into the right rear seat. Like the rest of the car, it was better than expected ... not especially roomy for a 6-foot, long-legged
male, but not uninhabitable.
The only major difficulty was extracting my feet from under the front seat when it was time to disembark.

Then it was my turn to drive. The controls and instruments were unconventional but easy to learn and use. The driver's seat was supportive and 6-way-adjustable. The available acceleration, even with four aboard, was strong. Despite the car's prodigious weight, the Brembo brakes were also strong (and fairly linear) when needed, with just a hint of noticeable transition from regen to friction. Can't comment on cornering, since I never got a chance.

The cabin design is modern and pleasing – founder Henrik Fisker is a gifted designer, so likely had much to say about it as well as the long, sensuous, bulge-fendered body) – and suitably plush for the price. Perhaps my biggest surprise was the 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder range-extender engine's unobtrusiveness when it ran.

As of early October, he said, it had some 400 employees (98 percent in the US), 196 suppliers (90 US-based) and 79 retail outlets in 16 countries, including 46 in the US. It also had 155 patents and patents pending.

This reviewer likes the Karma quite a bit, says overall "wow" outweighs the washed-out LCD and small rear window:

Fisker Karma: TopSpeed Test Drive - Top Speed

I'm remodeling my garage and don't have a plugin at the moment. Luckily I have a Karma so I can temporarily drive on gasoline!

But I'm sure the Model S is equally great :)

The Karma really has over double the torque of the Model S Performance with a 0-60 time of 7.9 seconds in electric only mode? It is 700lbs heavier than the Model S though.
403 Horsepower And 981 Pound-Feet Of Torque

...I don't think we're getting the whole story here. My sense is they may have stopped production of the Karma due to soft demand and they're using this battery issue as cover.

Yeah in Finnish news story, the reason for temporary layoff in Valmet Automotive is "bad sale figures" of Fisker and not A123 delivery issues.

But it's also good idea to use common cell sizes and have multiple providers, like some other BEV manufacturer do...

Last edited: