Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's interesting. I'm looking to go to the Fisker because I want a bigger car than the M3P. Would you say the internal cabin and boot space is comparable to an M3P, bigger/smaller?
I thought the boot space is bigger, as well as having a hatch so gets a bigger opening. Internal cabin space felt the same the same as an M3, albeit a higher driver position. However, I’ve not spent much time in an M3 so take that opinion with caution.

It’s a nice looking car, better than all Teslas on the outside IMHO. But I’ve already grown to love the quiet minimalism of the internal design of my MY so the Ocean felt cluttered and overly busy by comparison.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
I thought the boot space is bigger, as well as having a hatch so gets a bigger opening. Internal cabin space felt the same the same as an M3, albeit a higher driver position. However, I’ve not spent much time in an M3 so take that opinion with caution.

It’s a nice looking car, better than all Teslas on the outside IMHO. But I’ve already grown to love the quiet minimalism of the internal design of my MY so the Ocean felt cluttered and overly busy by comparison.
Interesting thoughts, thanks for the opinion. Nice to hear from someone who's seen one in the flesh.

Considering you're in an MY, how would you say it rates spacewise internally against that? I wanted a bigger car overall, including cabin space so hoping the Fisker does feel bigger internally than the M3P. Boot space sounds better just by having the hatch opening rather than the saloon of the M3P.

Considering you're in an MY, how would you say it rates spacewise internally against that? I wanted a bigger car overall, including cabin space so hoping the Fisker does feel bigger internally than the M3P. Boot space sounds better just by having the hatch opening rather than the saloon of the M3P.
It felt a noticeably smaller cabin and less boot space, although the rear of the car doesn’t slope down as much as the MY so maybe total volume might not be hugely different (I’ve not compared the stats). I didn’t look to see if it had a sub-trunk or frunk, which I think add significantly to the MY’s utility. If you’ve ever been in a Kia EV6 it felt a little bit like that to me, but a little taller. One of the reasons I went for a MY over the EV6 is the sense of space in the Tesla.

It was much smaller than I expected, all round. I’ve seen plenty of review videos of it so shouldn’t have been surprised, but it felt considerably smaller than a Model Y, inside and outside. Not a bad thing at all, just not how I thought it would be.
Yeah pretty much killed it for us. I've canned and already got back most of my reservation deposit.

The Eletre on the other hand....whoa baby!

It's not a massive car in terms of length so clearly wouldn't have the boot space of something like a Model X. What I think is good about this car is it's more Model Y size but with a Model X battery capacity at a very nice price point.

Batteries are getting cheaper and better density, I wonder if Tesla could at some point do a real Long Range Model 3 / Y with a 100kWh battery. Previously might not have been able to fit it in the space but I suspect they could now if they wanted.

Reactions: ACarneiro
It's not a massive car in terms of length so clearly wouldn't have the boot space of something like a Model X. What I think is good about this car is it's more Model Y size but with a Model X battery capacity at a very nice price point.

Batteries are getting cheaper and better density, I wonder if Tesla could at some point do a real Long Range Model 3 / Y with a 100kWh battery. Previously might not have been able to fit it in the space but I suspect they could now if they wanted.
It’s got about the same boot space as a 3 row MX with the third row up. Basically a fraction of what an X has with the 3rd row folded down.

It’s got about the same boot space as a 3 row MX with the third row up. Basically a fraction of what an X has with the 3rd row folded down.
Right but it's a smaller car than the Model X. Similar length to a Model Y so that's the one to compare it to.

Of course might still be disappointing. Just saying they are different class of cars, this is a mix sized cross over. Doesn't have a frunk either.

Still hope they do well, good to have choice and these new EV born automakers add a bit of flavour to the market from the old guard.

Still hope they do well, good to have choice and these new EV born automakers add a bit of flavour to the market from the old guard.
Absolutely right, in the main the "old guard" or "legacy" offerings leave me cold. Often the EV is a rehash of the ICE model so flawed, and obviously done to save money and keep familiarity for their loyal customers. I mean, who needs a start button for goodness sake!

Right but it's a smaller car than the Model X. Similar length to a Model Y so that's the one to compare it to.

Of course might still be disappointing. Just saying they are different class of cars, this is a mix sized cross over. Doesn't have a frunk either.

Yeah fair. I originally looked at one as a replacement, but sat in one at fully charged live a few weeks ago. It was nice, but not for me.

Absolutely right, in the main the "old guard" or "legacy" offerings leave me cold. Often the EV is a rehash of the ICE model so flawed, and obviously done to save money and keep familiarity for their loyal customers. I mean, who needs a start button for goodness sake!
Yeah they'll improve of course, the issue is that the legacy car makers have a platform that can take an ICE also so they aren't as well suited to being an EV as an EV only platform. That will change of course and understand why they do it currently for cost savings.

Even though outside of that traditional efficiency of design. Some of the stuff like vastly improving infotainment might not have come along if it wasn't for Tesla. These new companies need something out of the box to interest you in their brand. The Fisker seems to have given up on the glovebox to give you little tables to use if your eating in the car for instance. No idea if that's good or not but they aren't following a set pattern that you always have a glovebox.

I'd say the biggest though is they aren't saying 300 miles is enough and saving money on the battery pack, they are putting in probably the biggest one they can fit currently and giving you a range beyond any other car in that price range. More than a Model S LR even isn't it?

they aren't following a set pattern that you always have a glovebox

Last umpteen ICE I had the only thing in the glove compartment was the paper manual (much better on the screen in terms of having a FIND) .. after that book was squeezed in (using the only orientation where it would fit ...) there wasn't any room for anything else. Basically never used the glovebox - certainly not for gloves! Fuses maybe ...

So an aircraft-style meal table sounds like a better usage of that space to me.

Interesting. An R1T would be cool for giggles. Was the RHD version something they announced on the RJ podcast / Q&A thing on Friday?
Sadly I think they'd ruled out the R1T for a UK launch because we ain't all that big on pickups but the R1S 7 seater SUV last I read was supposed to be coming out here in 2023. Think it's maybe a bit of a marmite kind of look but I like it personally in photos at least.

Of course as you know with these companies, delays happen often but feels like the closest to a Model X to me. Maybe the Range Rover EV when that comes out will be similar but one of those big boxy heavy SUV's with a pretty big battery to make up for it.

Last umpteen ICE I had the only thing in the glove compartment was the paper manual (much better on the screen in terms of having a FIND) .. after that book was squeezed in (using the only orientation where it would fit ...) there wasn't any room for anything else. Basically never used the glovebox - certainly not for gloves! Fuses maybe ...

So an aircraft-style meal table sounds like a better usage of that space to me.
I agree with this fully, I never put anything in a glovebox either and it's the manual and any service documents if they are still of a paper kind in there. I guess though if you do want to leave something valuable in a car it's the one you can lock at least in some cars.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Of course as you know with these companies, delays happen often but feels like the closest to a Model X to me. Maybe the Range Rover EV when that comes out will be similar but one of those big boxy heavy SUV's with a pretty big battery to make up for it.
I’ve put a deposit down on an Eletre R; hopefully getting a test drive in a few weeks. Plan is to sell the X shortly. I’m into expensive repair territory now and the car will otherwise be sat unused over the summer as are variously not back in the UK until the autumn. So makes sense to say bye soonish for me.

I know you've ordered the Eletre, what didn't you like about the Ocean?
Basically the boot was too small comparably. Otherwise the accommodation inside was very good. Obviously don’t know how it drives yet - although I could level the same of the Eletre, but will find out hopefully in a few weeks rather than months. Not sure on the towing capability either. Eletre has a neat electrically fully retractable tow hitch which is good. The Fisker is looking to be a 2024 landing in the UK whereas we should see Eletre’s in the late summer / autumn here if things go to plan.