Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember taking my Esprits to Hethel for service .... no recollection of what I did whilst it was serviced, I don't remember having a loaner and it was a couple of hours drive ... and I expect they had to take the engine out to check the oil! Maybe I sat in reception and read a book ...

Is Hethel still the service location?

Few reviews of this coming out now. Still say it’s early days but seems like it’s got a soft comfortable suspension, can likely get very good range out of its large pack.

The software on it though looks laggy, slow and buggy with many of them suggesting as much. Did a quick search and suggestions I find are it’s got an Intel Atom so what Tesla used to use. This is a shame but maybe they can improve it and ultimately it’s a bit of a bargain I think considering the price va size of battery. So can kind of forgive them on a few bits but that would annoy me a lot I suspect if they don’t improve it.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
My lease on my Y is up in about 18m. Looking at what I will change it for, do I go for something like the Ocean, or do I go for another Tesla, which I see everywhere now. Irrespective of the relative strengths and weaknesses, I think Tesla are going to be victims of their own success.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Perhaps a silly question answered elsewhere - but is this going to be available in RHD? All photos on the UK website show LHD cars, and so do the graphics.
The UK is one of the launch markets and Henrik Fisker has shared photos of a RHD car on the Magna Steyr production line. As this was a few months ago I think this would have been in pre production stage, which would explain why they haven’t used it for publicity shots.

I have made a slight change. Gone down from the Extreme to the Ultra on my pre-order. Finances just not where i need them to be for the Extreme but also, there's barely any difference in the spec between them. Can't justify the extra £££ on the Solar roof.

Review of the Ocean on Fully Charged (a couple of days ago) in case anyone missed it

Spoiler alert: Jack was very positive.
I watched this one and I thought they were a bit too generous when it came to the build quality. There were clearly lots of cheap bits of trim throughout the interior.

The base price is temping but it’s devoid of all the creature comforts - great of you don’t want any of them though.

Once you start adding option packs, it soon ramps up in price. The version you really want is in the same ball park or more expensive than a Model Y.

If I can’t see one in the flesh, I’d want some like bjorn to go through that interior with a fine tooth comb to see how they compare.

The range is a great selling point, you might even get 180-200 miles towing a caravan from the long range version.

First time I had seen, let alone driven, an M3 ... and the MY ... was when they gave me the keys.
Yeah I know, but in fairness you'd had a Model S for years before so sort of knew what to expect
Well, the first time I had seen & driven a M3 was when the truck driver gave me the key after unloading it from the flat bed - at that time didn’t even know how it feels to drive an electric car never mind a Tesla!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
As much as I whinge about Tesla, particularly the extremely poor residuals currently, my launch Y has been decent. It’s a perfect, practical family car with good range and software. Although I was initially interested in the Ocean, it seems expensive when you head towards a decent spec. All the windows open, erm… ok. But apparently that’s a revelation.

Potentially patchy support and ‘public’ charging is an issue for me.

Fisher app is ropey and it's hard to hold out hope for the car. Desperately crappy app and infotainment in my wife's VAG product ruins the everyday experience and has become the dominant topic in every owner review.

Suspect the same may become true here and particularly if you've come from e.g. Tesla

Reactions: MattJ M