Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Mats Poll

Floor Mat Preferences

• Use Standard Floor Mats from Delivery

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • Bought Tesla All Weather Floor Mats - Recommend

Votes: 56 49.1%
  • Bought Tesla All Weather Floor Mats - Don't Recommend

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Bought Non-Tesla Floor Mats - Recommend (Comment in Thread)

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Bought Non-Tesla Floor Mats - Don't Recommend (Comment in Thread)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted "Tesla all-weather - don't recommend" although we pretty well use them year-round to save the "normal" carpet/mats. I do recommend them for protecting the floor. However they don't look all that great (they don't look horrible, either) and I can't imagine there isn't a better product available by now (thus the weak non-recommendation). I've had these ones since Jan 2014. Perhaps there have been improvements and the Tesla set you get now looks and fits better; I don't know.

Bought the all-weather mats from Tesla for both the interior and rear trunk. They were backordered a long time so only just got them a couple weeks after delivery, even though I ordered at same time as the car. So I was using the original carpeted mats for the first couple weeks, here in the rainy weather.

I notice some people mentioning the front passenger mat falling down... if they're talking about the OEM carpet mats, mine came with Velcro fasteners for both front mats so no problem with them moving. And the all weather ones are quite stiff so I don't see those moving at all in the front. Plus the driver side all-weather has 2 screw down mounting clips to hold them.

the all weather mats fit perfectly and IMO look great. I plan to use them year-round.

I also bought the Lloyd mats from AutoAnyThing. Great people to do business with. Fast free delivery & discounts to boot.
I purchased the Lloyd Ultimates, great quality and fit. Received allot of comments on them. Most people thought they were Tesla mats because of the plushness. I also bought a set of the rubber extreme weather mats for winter. Can't be too careful when protecting my baby!
Highly recommend Lloyd's and AutoAnyThing

Update on my Lloyd's Luxe mats:

I just pulled the fronts, the only ones really ever used, last night night and decided to give them a little love. Now, realize that I live in NoCA, so our winters are completely brutal all the time :biggrin:. Things like moisture and tree debris. It's just terrible!

But they were somewhat solied. I vacuumed them thoroughly, wiped gently with a mix of 75% water, 25% vinegar, let dry, buffed with a microfiber cloth and they look good as new. Even the heel area for both right and left foot raised up pretty darn well, after 14 months of no care aside from the occasional vacuum.

So I continue to be happy with them.

Sorry to bust into this Model S thread but I just got some custom mats for my Model X that I wanted to share. They can do any color combination you want and any writing or logo's. I had them use a edging and embroidery color to match my tan seats. They of course have patterns and interesting logo's for the Model S too.

For My Tesla – Just another WordPress site

20160613_141719.jpg

The stock floor mats aren't total garbage now, but I still decided to buy aftermarket.

I bought the Topfit mats on Amazon. Shipping was fast and it came with a few little gifts. The quilted pattern with color accent stitches look great and help elevate the elegance of the interior IMO. The material is best described as synthetic leather and seems easy to clean (which will be important in winter). Pretty good quality. You can get them with or without clip in carpet segments.

They are held in place by these thin plastic clips you wedge behind the trim. If I'm being real nitpicky, there are 2-3 places the fit is a little off
  1. Driver's side has this extension which goes along the side of the seat. It's angled a little bit off, but most mats don't have anything there so it's still better than any alternative. Passenger side has the same extension but it seems to fit better
  2. Rear floor mat actually has corners and high sides and is more like a tub than a mat. I don't mind that at all, but the clips in the corners are too high to actually secure under the trim and hold it completely flush. The clips on the side are fine so it's still held in resonably well
(I'll probably just copy this and post it on Amazon as my review)