TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Floor Mats Poll

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Sparktz, Dec 13, 2015.

?

Floor Mat Preferences

1. Use Standard Floor Mats from Delivery

33 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. Bought Tesla All Weather Floor Mats - Recommend

56 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Bought Tesla All Weather Floor Mats - Don't Recommend

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Bought Non-Tesla Floor Mats - Recommend (Comment in Thread)

17 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. Bought Non-Tesla Floor Mats - Don't Recommend (Comment in Thread)

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Put me down as another satisfied customer of the Tesla all-weather mats. I use them all year round.

2. Sparktz

Sparktz S 90D, X 90D

Thanks for all the replies guys, there seems to be a clear winner!

3. musicious

musicious Member

Checkout the topfit mats before you purchase the weathertech, Topfit is brand new (I was the first to review them on Amazon) so of course more people have weathertech but in my opinion topfit covers a larger area, feels and looks higher quality for using all year, fits great and should be easy to clean.

4. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

This.

5. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

ForMyTesla.com has the finest mats I have found. Very well made. Gerry can do any type of embroidery to the mats including Tesla Logos, Model S designations, etc. Various edge trim colors... Frunk mats and rear cargo mat too. Very happy with his work.

6. David99

David99 Active Member

Tesla mats = $200. Hm...
    generic on eBay = $26 (free shipping) yay! And they work great.

7. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I voted "Tesla all-weather - don't recommend" although we pretty well use them year-round to save the "normal" carpet/mats. I do recommend them for protecting the floor. However they don't look all that great (they don't look horrible, either) and I can't imagine there isn't a better product available by now (thus the weak non-recommendation). I've had these ones since Jan 2014. Perhaps there have been improvements and the Tesla set you get now looks and fits better; I don't know.

8. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Bought Tesla All Weather mats for the trunk and Frunk.

Bought Al and Eds floor Mats, (super plush) for the front and rear seats. Factory set never left the plastic.

9. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

Bought the all-weather mats from Tesla for both the interior and rear trunk. They were backordered a long time so only just got them a couple weeks after delivery, even though I ordered at same time as the car. So I was using the original carpeted mats for the first couple weeks, here in the rainy weather.

I notice some people mentioning the front passenger mat falling down... if they're talking about the OEM carpet mats, mine came with Velcro fasteners for both front mats so no problem with them moving. And the all weather ones are quite stiff so I don't see those moving at all in the front. Plus the driver side all-weather has 2 screw down mounting clips to hold them.

the all weather mats fit perfectly and IMO look great. I plan to use them year-round.

10. BozieBeMe2

BozieBeMe2 Member

I also bought the Lloyd mats from AutoAnyThing. Great people to do business with. Fast free delivery & discounts to boot.
    I purchased the Lloyd Ultimates, great quality and fit. Received allot of comments on them. Most people thought they were Tesla mats because of the plushness. I also bought a set of the rubber extreme weather mats for winter. Can't be too careful when protecting my baby!
    Highly recommend Lloyd's and AutoAnyThing

11. musicious

musicious Member

I would have bet that you'd get Lloyd's mats given your name haha

12. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Update on my Lloyd's Luxe mats:

I just pulled the fronts, the only ones really ever used, last night night and decided to give them a little love. Now, realize that I live in NoCA, so our winters are completely brutal all the time :biggrin:. Things like moisture and tree debris. It's just terrible!

But they were somewhat solied. I vacuumed them thoroughly, wiped gently with a mix of 75% water, 25% vinegar, let dry, buffed with a microfiber cloth and they look good as new. Even the heel area for both right and left foot raised up pretty darn well, after 14 months of no care aside from the occasional vacuum.

So I continue to be happy with them.

13. Terra117

Terra117 Member

Another Lloyd's Luxe fan here.

I use the OEM mats for winter and when we go out on nature photography hikes and might be tracking sand/dirt/mud into the car.

14. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

Anyone know what color to order for a refreshed 2016 Tesla. I can't tell if the trunk carpet is supposed to be black or a dark grey

15. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Pretty sure it's still black.

16. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Sorry to bust into this Model S thread but I just got some custom mats for my Model X that I wanted to share. They can do any color combination you want and any writing or logo's. I had them use a edging and embroidery color to match my tan seats. They of course have patterns and interesting logo's for the Model S too.

For My Tesla – Just another WordPress site

20160613_141719.jpg

17. Shelly

Shelly Closed

I'd prefer carpet mat, coiled one. But can't find now..............

18. STbreaker

STbreaker Member

The stock floor mats aren't total garbage now, but I still decided to buy aftermarket.

I bought the Topfit mats on Amazon. Shipping was fast and it came with a few little gifts. The quilted pattern with color accent stitches look great and help elevate the elegance of the interior IMO. The material is best described as synthetic leather and seems easy to clean (which will be important in winter). Pretty good quality. You can get them with or without clip in carpet segments.

They are held in place by these thin plastic clips you wedge behind the trim. If I'm being real nitpicky, there are 2-3 places the fit is a little off
    1. Driver's side has this extension which goes along the side of the seat. It's angled a little bit off, but most mats don't have anything there so it's still better than any alternative. Passenger side has the same extension but it seems to fit better
    2. Rear floor mat actually has corners and high sides and is more like a tub than a mat. I don't mind that at all, but the clips in the corners are too high to actually secure under the trim and hold it completely flush. The clips on the side are fine so it's still held in resonably well
    (I'll probably just copy this and post it on Amazon as my review)