Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are any (or many) of you with EDDs in the next 30 days considering putting your order on hold to try to help ensure a Texas build? If so, what is your strategy? Wait for the VIN to verify a non Austin build and then go to hold, or to try and put order on hold pre-VIN? It just seems to me that after waiting five months plus that waiting another few weeks makes sense, especially for those of us that aren't time constrained on getting a new vehicle.
If we wait for a VIN assignment, is it too late at that point for a hold? If one does go on hold, how long does that hold last?
I have yet to have made contact with any sales advisor, just want to get the TMC collective wisdom.

...just want to get the TMC collective wisdom.

Personally, I'd take whatever you receive and be happy with it. By the time Austin cars start shipping, there will be something else everyone wants to hold out for (double pane rear door glass is next up). You're also gambling on an Austin built car being as good of quality as one coming from Fremont where they have been producing these for more than 2 years now and have the majority of the kinks worked out.

I purchased my previous M3LR RWD in 4/2019 when the transition was happening between HW2.5 and HW3, and lucked into the new computer being installed. Never at any point did I think about how bad it would have been to get the old hardware setup, nor did I ever utilize any of the additional features HW3 brought the car since I don't have FSD. Fast forward to now, picked up my M3P in 11/21 and I've got the same setup the 2019 had. AMD is coming (wife's Y on order will have it), and I'll bet I don't ever do anything with the car that makes me regret not waiting until I got AMD in it. Never would consider holding off on the MYP just to get one from Austin when a build from Fremont is what we were expecting and will be just as content with. There's not a lick of evidence that anyone will even notice a difference between the two, much less whether those differences that do exist will be good for us.

Life's too short to keep chasing the next best thing. Buy what you're happy with and enjoy it, and if there's a compelling reason to sell and upgrade then do it later on down the road.

Are any (or many) of you with EDDs in the next 30 days considering putting your order on hold to try to help ensure a Texas build? If so, what is your strategy? Wait for the VIN to verify a non Austin build and then go to hold, or to try and put order on hold pre-VIN? It just seems to me that after waiting five months plus that waiting another few weeks makes sense, especially for those of us that aren't time constrained on getting a new vehicle.
If we wait for a VIN assignment, is it too late at that point for a hold? If one does go on hold, how long does that hold last?
I have yet to have made contact with any sales advisor, just want to get the TMC collective wisdom.
I actually don’t want the first cars off a new line. Just seems like asking for problems. But to each their own.

Received my MYLR vin today (NF383) and happily taking delivery asap - probably first few days of March.

Reactions: CRIMSON_DATE
I’m taking what I was given, mostly because it at least has all the latest updates (AMD, etc) and is only missing 4680s. If it didn’t have AMD I would be trying to figure out how to put it on hold. I don’t think Austin will be shipping many cars for sometime to come, so you’ll be waiting more than just a “couple weeks.”

I actually don’t want the first cars off a new line. Just seems like asking for problems. But to each their own.

Received my MYLR vin today (NF383) and happily taking delivery asap - probably first few days of March.
Wow your EDD for that 7 seater jumped 6 weeks out of the blue. Usually that doesn't happen unless someone steps out of line. You could have a bit of fun and try to reject it through your SA ( saying you were not prepared to take it 6 weeks earlier then the EDD you had) If someone else did reject before you it can bounce back to them..

I love to stir the pot when I can but with my car being held together with tape at the moment I'd likely take it as well.

Wow your EDD for that 7 seater jumped 6 weeks out of the blue. Usually that doesn't happen unless someone steps out of line. You could have a bit of fun and try to reject it through your SA ( saying you were not prepared to take it 6 weeks earlier then the EDD you had) If someone else did reject before you it can bounce back to them..

I love to stir the pot when I can but with my car being held together with tape at the moment I'd likely take it as well.
You know I wondered about that as well but I had heard stories of peoples Edds reverting back to their original EDD date, which mine did (in my sig). And add to that it was a NF383 vin…which seems to indicate it was very recently made. But who knows.

I’ve already canceled the P so I’m stuck with this one. Hoping for the best.

You know I wondered about that as well but I had heard stories of peoples Edds reverting back to their original EDD date, which mine did (in my sig). And add to that it was a NF383 vin…which seems to indicate it was very recently made. But who knows.

I’ve already canceled the P so I’m stuck with this one. Hoping for the best.

Considering how long these 7 seaters have taken to be delivered you made the right decision.

Reactions: BnGrm
47885B4A-7020-4AE0-8A99-BAD5A782FF90.png

I managed to snag a MYP Red/Black recently from a Tesla store in Cali. I'm considering some minor mods of the suspension, anyone have a shop they've used? I'm in the Orlando area, but would travel to get it done if needed.

A bit OT but since this thread should have more Florida Tesla owners, or expecting Tesla owners, seemed like a decent place to get a response.

It looks like they have been pushing out EDD's like crazy, Certification may be taking longer or they have to make a change. But ultimatley I think it depends upon whereand when they ship to first. If they come to FLorida first and deliveries start in february then you have a good shot. But if they start in march ,being end of quarter it is more likely that Texas and the areas near will get first shot so they can pump up the Q1 numbers. Just like what happens in Fremont.
One difference from Fremont.
They don't have permission to South cars in Texas yet.

I got a VIN earlier this week and I went into the service center and confirmed I was getting an Intel car (F376xxx).

I wanted to reject my VIN and put my account on hold but my delivery center told me they could not put my order on hold since my order was made in November.

I asked them to leave it alone. I am wanting to let some time go by before dropping my VIN in hopes the numbers are far along enough to get something higher than F382xxx.

Unfortunately today I got the message to schedule an appointment for March 6. Trying to figure out when enough time has passed but for now I am waiting.

My buddy who is taking delivery March 3 was reassigned a VIN about the same time I got my VIN. We were previously both F376xxx, but he was pushed into a F379xxx for an unknown reason.

You said earlier on you got vin F379xxx, did you stick with that VIN and does it have an AMD processor?

I got a VIN earlier this week and I went into the service center and confirmed I was getting an Intel car (F376xxx).

I wanted to reject my VIN and put my account on hold but my delivery center told me they could not put my order on hold since my order was made in November.

I asked them to leave it alone. I am wanting to let some time go by before dropping my VIN in hopes the numbers are far along enough to get something higher than F382xxx.

Unfortunately today I got the message to schedule an appointment for March 6. Trying to figure out when enough time has passed but for now I am waiting.

My buddy who is taking delivery March 3 was reassigned a VIN about the same time I got my VIN. We were previously both F376xxx, but he was pushed into a F379xxx for an unknown reason.

You said earlier on you got vin F379xxx, did you stick with that VIN and does it have an AMD processor?
Yup, 379xxx and confirmed AMD and all other updates (except 4680s obviously). Scheduled for delivery 3/4.