TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Fogged Fog Lights?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Max*, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Max*

Max* Charging

I know, it's ironic.

So I've heard of the rear tail lights getting fogged and Tesla has some fix for it.

Before I add this to the list of things I need fixed, is this normal? Is there a fix for it? (sorry the photo turned out like crap)

20151002_084244.jpg

2. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

That should not be normal. Is that one light or both of them?

3. Max*

Max* Charging

Both. Almost identical patterns too.

20151002_084256.jpg

I guess "normal" wasn't the correct term, it's not normal that the sunroof leaks (which mine did a few days ago), but it's a unknown Tesla defect. I haven't seen much about the fog lights fogging (and it's obviously from the inside, as I tried to wipe it away, heh).

4. Max*

Max* Charging

20151002_202341.jpg

And now both headlights too. Wonderful

5. Max*

Max* Charging

Car is with Tesla now. I called for an update. They said this is normal (they ran some test for 20 minutes, and there is no leak, and the condensation is normal). I didn't quite understand how that would be possible, they need to fix a few other unrelated things, but he said when I pick it up tomorrow he'll show me some pictures and explain it better.

I've never seen (let alone owned) a car where this is considered "normal", and I want to know if I should push back when I get the car tomorrow or if this is actually "normal"?

Does anyone else have headlight or foglights that fog from the inside? (like all 4 of mine do)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm not alone: Moisture / Foggy Headlights

Tesla consistently claims it's normal. I'm still not convinced.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I get it in both headlights, both backup lights (several attempts to fix) and one tail light. Not noticed in the fog lights (yet).

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Nice look blue though Max! Sorry I can't be of more help. I don't live in an area that would expose me to that.

8. Max*

Max* Charging

Thanks.

lol, thanks!

9. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

I have never noticed my headlights or fog lights doing that, and if they did, I would demand a replacement. In Tesla-speak "normal" means "it's a design flaw and we haven't fixed it yet."

10. Max*

Max* Charging

LOL!