Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fogged Fog Lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
I know, it's ironic.

So I've heard of the rear tail lights getting fogged and Tesla has some fix for it.

Before I add this to the list of things I need fixed, is this normal? Is there a fix for it? (sorry the photo turned out like crap)

20151002_084244.jpg

That should not be normal. Is that one light or both of them?

Both. Almost identical patterns too.

20151002_084256.jpg

I guess "normal" wasn't the correct term, it's not normal that the sunroof leaks (which mine did a few days ago), but it's a unknown Tesla defect. I haven't seen much about the fog lights fogging (and it's obviously from the inside, as I tried to wipe it away, heh).

Car is with Tesla now. I called for an update. They said this is normal (they ran some test for 20 minutes, and there is no leak, and the condensation is normal). I didn't quite understand how that would be possible, they need to fix a few other unrelated things, but he said when I pick it up tomorrow he'll show me some pictures and explain it better.

I've never seen (let alone owned) a car where this is considered "normal", and I want to know if I should push back when I get the car tomorrow or if this is actually "normal"?

Does anyone else have headlight or foglights that fog from the inside? (like all 4 of mine do)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm not alone: Moisture / Foggy Headlights

Tesla consistently claims it's normal. I'm still not convinced.