Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok everyone....it’s now released. Click the link below.

Electrified Garage Store

I’m pretty sure everyone has questions but probably the main one is stacking or non stacking purchases. Per EG....you can add, skip, stack in any sort of combination In terms of oem and aftermarket or go straight to stage 2. They will make a dyno video but not sure when and they did say this version is faster than then performance in “street“ testing.

Stage 2 is not for the faint and it is a commitment especially updates from Tesla. If you know how iPhone and jailbreaking works....it’s the exact same concept.

EG said if there is enough people in a certain city...an EG technician can fly out to the location, do the hardware install, and then remote software upgrade from EG headquarters.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnusMako
Heh... so looks like stage 1 basically the AWD+ boost Tesla sells you themselves with some added remote stuff via their app, and using a CANBUS booster, at potential risk of warranty concerns later but a $900 savings (I know it says undetectible remotely- but obviously that's not the case- Tesla could easily add code to detect if the car ever accelerates quicker than its specs say it's capable of and send that info back to Tesla)

Stage 2 is hacking the car to set the flag that says it's a P, not "better than a P".... this disables remote updates from Tesla- and obviously same issue about warranty (it's unclear if they just disable Tesla pushing updates, which would reset the car back to non-P, or if they entirely turn off Tesla even getting info back from the car remotely at all- also unclear if the car can supercharge if it can't communicate with Tesla?)

And I hate to say I told you so (ok, no I don't)- but the full P unlock is for 980 motor cars only :)

Heh... so looks like stage 1 basically the AWD+ boost Tesla sells you themselves with some added remote stuff via their app, and using a CANBUS booster, at potential risk of warranty concerns later but a $900 savings (I know it says undetectible remotely- but obviously that's not the case- Tesla could easily add code to detect if the car ever accelerates quicker than its specs say it's capable of and send that info back to Tesla)

Stage 2 is hacking the car to set the flag that says it's a P, not "better than a P".... this disables remote updates from Tesla- and obviously same issue about warranty (it's unclear if they just disable Tesla pushing updates, which would reset the car back to non-P, or if they entirely turn off Tesla even getting info back from the car remotely at all- also unclear if the car can supercharge if it can't communicate with Tesla?)

And I hate to say I told you so (ok, no I don't)- but the full P unlock is for 980 motor cars only :)

Yup. This puts everything to bed. All the juice drinkers can eat dog poo now. The 990 motor is inferior to the 980 and there is no special binned or inverter that Elon mentioned.

Basically to turn the car into a P...we have to disconnect from the mothership in terms of communication and EG has something to block that.

I told EG that if they were able to remote support after the hardware is installed to allow for updates and then for the reflash then it would be super ideal but there is also a risk Tesla changes something in the code that bricks or makes their software incompatible making what you purchased useless.

So who here wants to pay to play?

Last edited:
Much as I'd love to try it out, I'd much rather pay 2-3k for full-P from Tesla with full support. The stage 1 is a possibility, but even then I'm not real convinced.

Its only gotten worse with the pandemic. I'm driving Stacy's Mom only like 3% of what I used to, and my plain old AWD is refreshingly fast as a result.

Any odds on whether it is really undetectable, how long it will take before we know Tesla can detect it and what Tesla will do about it?

I'm all in favor of car mods. I just don't think you should or will be able to hide and/or pretend you didn't do them if you need warranty work.

Last edited:
Much as I'd love to try it out, I'd much rather pay 2-3k for full-P from Tesla with full support. The stage 1 is a possibility, but even then I'm not real convinced.

Its only gotten worse with the pandemic. I'm driving Stacy's Mom only like 3% of what I used to, and my plain old AWD is refreshingly fast as a result.
What is the full P upgrade from Tesla that we can get? Right now there's boost for $2k and likely there would be an additional cost to go full P.

I also see a stage 3 on the site. But it says sold out and there's no info about it.

Any odds on whether it is really undetectable, how long it will take before we know Tesla can detect it and what Tesla will do about it? I'm all in favor of car mods. I just don't think you'll be able to hide and/or pretend you didn't do them if you need warranty work.

100% it's detectable.

Add code (if it's not already there) to basically do this:

Use sensors to detect max acceleration (MA)

Check that value against what the value SHOULD be for the type of car you bought (checked back on Teslas servers, not locally on the car- MSB)

If MA>MSB=Hack Detected!

If Tesla chooses to detect it, or do anything if they do detect it, is an open question.

And if EGs stage 2 totally disconnects the car in both directions (it sounds like it does from the last comments), and you never update it to talk back to the mother-ship, I suppose you can avoid the worst outcomes (at the cost of no updates except when you pay EG again to hack an update onto the car- meaning at least some service tickets will get denied because they can't remote into your car to check logs- and maybe no supercharging?)