Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone who purchased the performance upgrade IAP... how long does it take for it to become active after making the purchase? Also, how long do you have to try it before deciding to cancel it for a refund?

I ask because I'm sure one of these days I'd like to try it, but probably want to time it with a weekend off from work, etc.

To anyone who purchased the performance upgrade IAP... how long does it take for it to become active after making the purchase? Also, how long do you have to try it before deciding to cancel it for a refund?

I ask because I'm sure one of these days I'd like to try it, but probably want to time it with a weekend off from work, etc.

First bit already answered- second bit is you have 48 hours to refund the purchase.

No idea why you'd want to though.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: kgclark and anti
You realize this thread is aimed at Stealths, which already have the same acceleration numbers as the P?
In fact, they may be a tad faster that Performance models owing to their lower gross vehicle weight.

Huh? You realize that this thread is aimed at current AWD owners, that does not have the same accelleration as P3D- and Performance? But wants Performance-like acccelleration... (e.g. AWD to P3D-). The DIY fix/hack from the Eletrified Garage will give us that and more (it seems).
And who needs warranty anyway... :)

Huh? You realize that this thread is aimed at current AWD owners, that does not have the same accelleration as P3D- and Performance? But wants Performance-like acccelleration... (e.g. AWD to P3D-). The DIY fix/hack from the Eletrified Garage will give us that and more (it seems).
And who needs warranty anyway... :)

Oops, sorry, I thought this was one of the numerous threads from late last year when Stealths (P3D-) were sporadically available, and only via SAs (not online). The threads were to alert those of us wanting one. Then Tesla did a batch of several hundred in late November, and lots of folks got happy (including me :))

Well as the OP of this thread, I finally caved and upgraded to a P3D+ today. Was able to put together a killer deal to make my out of pocket pretty small. It’s a rocket! I sure hope all AWD owners get an upgrade all the way to P acceleration. I’ll rooting for you :D

Mind sharing how much you got for it, and was it a trade in, or sold privately ?
I understand if you don’t want to share, but would love to know.

Mind sharing how much you got for it, and was it a trade in, or sold privately ?
I understand if you don’t want to share, but would love to know.

My out of pocket was $5900, and I went from a May 2019 MSM/white AWD w Aeros and 10k miles to a Sep 2019 Blue/white P3D+ w 6k miles.

I found the car/seller here on TMC and negotiated a price and got a reasonable purchase offer from a local dealer that put the spread at $5k. Then I was able to get the dealer (who was amazing btw) to agree to buy the car from the seller so we could process mine as a trade and save $$$$ on taxes. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

My out of pocket was $5900, and I went from a May 2019 MSM/white AWD w Aeros and 10k miles to a Sep 2019 Blue/white P3D+ w 6k miles.

I found the car/seller here on TMC and negotiated a price and got a reasonable purchase offer from a local dealer that put the spread at $5k. Then I was able to get the dealer (who was amazing btw) to agree to buy the car from the seller so we could process mine as a trade and save $$$$ on taxes. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Thanks.
That’s great. Nice work.
I imagine your daily 0-60 grin is that much better now. :)

• Love
Reactions: Urbancowboy
Thanks.
That’s great. Nice work.
I imagine your daily 0-60 grin is that much better now. :)

Yeah I got a big upgrade both in performance and looks :) It was a funny deal as I literally bought the car without wheels and brought my own. I purchased some Vorsteiners a while ago for my AWD and never got around to putting them on, so this worked out perfect.

That’s our family hauler loaded with the wheels on the way to ATL yesterday :p

7CE73B81-CB03-4D4B-A2D8-61B41F36660E.jpeg
EFA52E80-CFE1-46BE-92E4-CD634FE1A083.jpeg

Yeah I got a big upgrade both in performance and looks :) It was a funny deal as I literally bought the car without wheels and brought my own. I purchased some Vorsteiners a while ago for my AWD and never got around to putting them on, so this worked out perfect.

That’s our family hauler loaded with the wheels on the way to ATL yesterday :p

View attachment 548533 View attachment 548534

Wow. That’s a nice looking 3. Love the colour.
Keep us posted on the speed grins. :)

Reactions: Urbancowboy