Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just dropped pricing. It now costs only $7k to go from LR-AWD to P3D+. If we previously established that the + hardware is worth $5k, then the software is now worth only $2k.

This seems in line with the P3D- costing only 1540 GBP more than the LR-AWD in UK. 1540 GBP is about $2k USD.

Reactions: omkar
Hah now the P3D+ costs the same as I paid for my AWD back in Dec. Oh that waiting game. :eek:

3D.png

Reactions: Watts 4 Me
Well damn.

I just saw the price adjustments. We are now at UK price parity here in the US.

The Performance+ is now just $7k more than the LR AWD. With the PUP value at $5k that puts the software at $2k.

I paid $51.9k for my AWD and could have had a full P for an extra $3k had I waited a few weeks.

That stings.

Mine is $2,200 less than I paid three weeks ago! :mad: B.O.H.E.C.A.!

I sent a note to Telsa CS with my thoughts... Nothing will happen, but I felt good sending an email nonetheless... :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Watts 4 Me
Hah now the P3D+ costs the same as I paid for my AWD back in Dec. Oh that waiting game

FWIW I have a LR AWD.

my exact config is $8000 less today than when I bought Q3/18.

Of course I got a $5625 larger tax credit than a buyer today will, and I've saved roughly $2000 in gas over the time I've had it...and I don't have to pay another $300 to add homelink after the fact... and I got the $14 phone cables and the $35 14-50 adapter all of which I use daily....so net cost for getting to drive an excellent car for about 10 months compared to "waiting" for it be cheaper turns out to be... $26.

Oh, wait, I also paid $200 less destination charge.... so I suppose I'm actually $174 ahead versus having waited...

Oh, wait, again.... I also got lifetime free premium connectivity- which means if they ever actually get around to charging new buyers for that I come out even further ahead...

I can get a guy who bought a white P3D on July 2nd 2019 being upset by this change, but 2018 AWD buyers have done ok.

I'm just going to throw this out there:

Of the potentially thousands of "Stealth" 3's out there, there has not been a story about an unsafe configuration w/stock brakes on a performance model.

you KNOW the media would have plastered the story everywhere if it was actually a concern.

Every day I am happier I was able to get a Stealth Performance 3 - I swapped 19 OEM rims+tires onto the car when I sold the original LR RWD. Sure it is quick but you can be a moron if you got 0-60 in 3.3 or 0-60 in 4.5. Don't be a moron I think is the lesson there.

Later did brake upgrade, admittedly some for looks but also to handle the track a bit better; track mode is great fun btw.

At the time of the "rebate" discussion many were saying no way is the hardware worth $5k (to justify why Stealth owners should not get the option to sell back their unlimited supercharging) - aftermarket cost maybe but not whole sale to Tesla.

Well if so, the comments about the cost of the software need some adjustments yes?

Last edited:
Cheaper to purchase, sure, but you also don't get as much of a tax incentive.

But yeah I'm feeling the sting bad, too. Last month I paid $49,900 + $1,500 for white pearl paint = $51,400

That same car now costs only $47,990 since it's cheaper and pearl white is standard now.

Almost $3.5k less.

*gut punch*

Also, I thought the new standard white was supposed to be a plain white and not pearl white.

Last edited: