Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be super sad that I didn't wait if you can actually get 18" wheels with the Brembo brake calipers. The 20" wheels is what stopped me from getting the PUP package last year even though I wanted the brake calipers.

don't be super sad that so-and-so's friend's cousin's neighbor's uncle who is a CSR said that maybe they would be Brembos.

if you've learned ANYTHING being on these forums, it's to wait until it's on the Design Studio or it's been delivered to someone before you believe it.

I was previously skeptical about any sort of uncork for AWD cars, but with the latest price changes pushing them closer in price, I now think it’s more likely than not. 19” AWD —> P3D is $5,500 and that’s including the extra hardware.

A software unlock in the 2k to 3k range sounds about right.

I was previously skeptical about any sort of uncork for AWD cars, but with the latest price changes pushing them closer in price, I now think it’s more likely than not. 19” AWD —> P3D is $5,500 and that’s including the extra hardware.

A software unlock in the 2k to 3k range sounds about right.

That's equal to the amount our LR AWD's depreciated after yesterday's price drop - so, I say we all get uncorked for FREE :D

Is it for sure though LR AWD is just uncorked?

It has never been officially confirmed but it is heavily supported that this is the case. There are various threads about it on these forums if you do a search. I have personally spoken with the former head of marketing automation at Tesla (Everett Butler) and he told me there is no physical difference and that all AWD motors are manufactured within tolerance to handle power output comparable to what the P is putting down.

That's equal to the amount our LR AWD's depreciated after yesterday's price drop - so, I say we all get uncorked for FREE :D

YMMV of course based on dates, options, etc... but my LR AWD is actually more expensive if I'd waited till today to buy, apples to apples, than when I ordered it mid-2018.

List cost same config is 8k less today, but I got $5625 more tax credit, $300 homelink free, phone and 14-50 cables ($50) free, destination is $200 higher today so that knocks the difference down to $1825.... and I've saved more than that not buying gas for the last 10.5 months..... (plus I get lifetime free premium connectivity new buyers do not- and the car the Tesla replaced would've depreciated for 10.5 additional months as well before I got rid of it).

Reactions: 0mpg
YMMV of course based on dates, options, etc... but my LR AWD is actually more expensive if I'd waited till today to buy, apples to apples, than when I ordered it mid-2018.

List cost same config is 8k less today, but I got $5625 more tax credit, $300 homelink free, phone and 14-50 cables ($50) free, destination is $200 higher today so that knocks the difference down to $1825.... and I've saved more than that not buying gas for the last 10.5 months..... (plus I get lifetime free premium connectivity new buyers do not- and the car the Tesla replaced would've depreciated for 10.5 additional months as well before I got rid of it).
Very good point....

I'm not sure why this thought persists. I bought my car last year for 57,000. I got 7500 rebate. total effective price $49,500.
I just priced out the same car for 51,200 without delivery. If delivery is still around $1000, that puts cost today at $52,200 with an 1875 rebate. So effective cost is $50,125 today.

Mine is $3k cheaper now. After accounting for the $1875 drop in tax refund it puts me at $1125. Not going to complain, knew coming in that they tinker with prices all the time and that this was a risk.

It's funny, car dealers do this sort of thing all the time and no one seems to care. Maybe because my wife always buys Chrysler products and they are notorious for this I'm more aware of it. 'Dealer cash', 'factory rebates', etc. These often can add up to > $5,000 off the price of the car you just bought last month.

What color is yours?
Did you purchase EAP and/or FSD at the time?
Was the lifetime free premium connectivity for those who placed orders prior to July 2018?

What color is yours?
Did you purchase EAP and/or FSD at the time?
Was the lifetime free premium connectivity for those who placed orders prior to July 2018?

Mine is blue, I got FSD at the time, and yes free lifetime premium was for anyone who bought before July 2018... (I ordered last couple days of June, took delivery end of September)

What is the premium connectivity policy for the rest of us?

Officially? For LR cars you get 1 year free (for SR cars you don't get premium connectivity at all)

In real life? Tesla is so incompetent internally it can't figure out how to bill its own, existing, customers for a service they are already providing them.

Model S owners as of Jan 2014 were getting 4 years free, after which they were told they'd be charged- it's mid 2019 now and 0 of them have gotten a bill and their connectivity still works.

See also the SR Model 3 guys waiting to buy into premium might not want to hold their breath on that.

Yeah saw this. This all but confirms it’s just an AWD LR model with the uncork software. Super easy for Tesla with their streamlining of versions.

Personally I find the value in the P3D+ upgrades but not everyone else will. Those 18s are not attractive, and buying a new set of wheels and tires is not cheap. There’s no $1500 option to go to the 19s either like there is with the LR AWD model.

So if I'm understanding that Reddit post, they knocked off 4k on the guys order because he chose the aero wheels and/or was able to remove the PUP? That is one helluva deal and definitely undercut's what people paid previously by a quite a margin.