Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was built 07/18 and if I'm looking in the right place, the rear motor is a 990

Ok I was wrong, had to do some jinking around with a flashlight - here's the actual truth:

motor.jpg

That makes more sense anyway for one of the 'original' Stealth performance... sorry for the scare! :)

Ok so we still don't know the diff between 980 and 990 revs right?

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Good effort! Thanks for setting it up! Based on current data, the probability of an upgrade for all (or any) LR AWD owners is fading. Perhaps we will see another free 5% bump to get us under four seconds? Still holding out hope for something (free or for fee). :)

The whole 990 motor trend isn’t terribly encouraging, but I’m not admitting defeat just yet. In 6 months if nothing changes I may hoist the white flag...

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Good effort! Thanks for setting it up! Based on current data, the probability of an upgrade for all (or any) LR AWD owners is fading. Perhaps we will see another free 5% bump to get us under four seconds? Still holding out hope for something (free or for fee). :)

I'm not claiming to know exactly how power translates into quickness, but I think it will take a lot more than a 5% power increase to drop from 4.4s to 3.9s (which is an 11% drop). The last 5% power increase translated into a 0.1s difference. By that translation, we need a 25% power increase to drop 0.5s.

I'm not claiming to know exactly how power translates into quickness, but I think it will take a lot more than a 5% power increase to drop from 4.4s to 3.9s (which is an 11% drop). The last 5% power increase translated into a 0.1s difference. By that translation, we need a 25% power increase to drop 0.5s.

I read in many places that the current "actual" 0-60 for the LR AWD is actually around 4 secs, even though Telsa rates it at 4.4 secs. So, my comment was accurate, as stated, if the assumption actual 0-60 of ~4 sec. is correct. Several have posted here with data that it is. I, personally, never ran an accurate test - just the 'ol butt dyno is all... :D:eek:

I’m starting to admit defeat as well, I am just going to hold out and wait a year before I upgrade, hopefully then a ludicrous 3 will be available or a cheaper P100D. The S has already dropped drastically in price

Reactions: MagnusMako
I read in many places that the current "actual" 0-60 for the LR AWD is actually around 4 secs, even though Telsa rates it at 4.4 secs. So, my comment was accurate, as stated, if the assumption actual 0-60 of ~4 sec. is correct. Several have posted here with data that it is. I, personally, never ran an accurate test - just the 'ol butt dyno is all... :D:eek:

It’s my understanding that the LR AWD 0-60 with a 1-foot rollout is 4.0s. This is the same testing method used for the 3.2s performance numbers. The quoted 4.4s from Tesla is without the rollout. It’s arguably a deceptive marketing tactic.