Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor For Sale: Blackvue Dash Cams - Surveillance for your Tesla *NEW*

cucubits

May 17, 2019
TX
How are these latest blackvue setups coping with high heat? What's the shut-off limit?

A few years back pretty much only Thinkware was rated high enough to work without problems throughout a Texas summer but I really don't like their non functional app and software. Looking for something else for my next car.

EVS Motors

Vendor
Sep 3, 2013
Houston
I've personally haven't had any issues with the heat, but I understand the DR900 has a cutoff of 167F. I've had the 650, 750, and 900 in my cars--no issues with the heat. I typically park my cars outside from 9AM - 6PM every day so the cameras do get hot. Now that I have a Tesla, my interior cabin cooling kicks in any way at 100-110 degrees.

csriram45

Jun 27, 2019
SF Bay Area
Can you send me the pricing details too. as long as everything works I am open to open box as well. its for a model x and any recommendations on any install videos or installer in SF Bay Area is also appreciated.

EVS Motors

Vendor
Sep 3, 2013
Houston
Can you send me the pricing details too. as long as everything works I am open to open box as well. its for a model x and any recommendations on any install videos or installer in SF Bay Area is also appreciated.
Sending you a pm, thank you.
Same for me "Can you PM price for a 2CH DR900S (open box if you have any or new) + shipping" to the SF bay area, zip code 94041.
Sending you a pm, thank you.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC