Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Same Price: CPO Model S or New Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My feeling is at a starting price of $35,000 by time you add a few options you will most likely be looking at $45,500 if you were to option it the same as the S70D. The 70D starts at $75,000 and I wound up with $10,500 in options so I am now up to $85,500. I have been tempted to keep my Hybrid RX400h and get a CPO S85 but some of the CPO prices are more than a S70D; granted the Model 3 will be $20,000 cheaper than a CPO S.

My feeling is at a starting price of $35,000 by time you add a few options you will most likely be looking at $45,500 if you were to option it the same as the S70D. The 70D starts at $75,000 and I wound up with $10,500 in options so I am now up to $85,500. I have been tempted to keep my Hybrid RX400h and get a CPO S85 but some of the CPO prices are more than a S70D; granted the Model 3 will be $20,000 cheaper than a CPO S.
I think the assumption is that by the time the Model 3 is available the CPO Model S prices will have dropped a lot closer to the price of the 3.

It's hard to answer the OP's question without knowing features and price on each. We don't know what further Model S depreciation will look like. We don't know what MS features will be missing from the M3 to save money, nor what new (low-cost) M3 features will have been dreamed up in the years to come.