TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

For those of you experiencing static from the audio system after upgrading to 7.0

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Law&Disorder, Nov 21, 2015.

1. msnow

msnow Active Member

You set it on your mobile device (logon/my profile/settings) but now that I look at it those settings may be specific to that device. Here's a screenshot:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448371428.299436.jpg

2. Petra

Petra Member

The actual right channel static issue occurs with digital inputs (same for the accelerated playback), so USB, Slacker, etc. AM/FM are completely unaffected. The likely unrelated stationary inductor whine, on the other hand, occurs regardless of whether the sound system is on or off, is faint, and sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the forward left area of the dash.

3. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Active Member

My early 2015 P85D has exactly the same audio problem. Very annoying unless music is playing which probably masks the static. My commercial real estate brokerage clients and friends ask me "What's that?" most of the time. Can't wait for Tesla to get this bug exterminated. :cool:

4. Jason

Jason Member

I can confirm that mine does too - for me it starts the noise when brake hold and also goes away when tap accel. I thought I was only one :)

5. AustinP

AustinP Member

I've had the problems mentioned above: statics in tunein and in rdio and on usb. Also noticed indeed accelerated music, distortion. Rebooted 3 times the main screen and once the dashboard and eventually this last reboot fixed it. Am on .217

- - - Updated - - -

I've had the problems mentioned above: statics in tunein and in rdio and on usb. Also noticed indeed accelerated music, distortion. Rebooted 3 times the main screen and once the dashboard and eventually this last reboot fixed it. Am on .217

6. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

by "tune-in" do you mean Internet streaming, like Slacker and others?

7. AustinP

AustinP Member

Yes. Tunein is what we have in Europe instead of Slacker.