Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those of you experiencing static from the audio system after upgrading to 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain how, or point me at a thread where it is explained. Thanks

You set it on your mobile device (logon/my profile/settings) but now that I look at it those settings may be specific to that device. Here's a screenshot:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448371428.299436.jpg

What is the program source when you hear that static; Internet streaming media, AM radio, FM radio, USB device, smart phone?
The actual right channel static issue occurs with digital inputs (same for the accelerated playback), so USB, Slacker, etc. AM/FM are completely unaffected. The likely unrelated stationary inductor whine, on the other hand, occurs regardless of whether the sound system is on or off, is faint, and sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the forward left area of the dash.

I talked to Costa Mesa SC today about it today. It is in fact a firmware problem from the latest version 7 (my car was delivered only 2 days ago ver 2.8.217) and it only affects internet streaming media (in my case only on the passenger side, both front and rear - i.e. the right channel), not AM or FM radio. I did not try any iPhone or USB sources.

My early 2015 P85D has exactly the same audio problem. Very annoying unless music is playing which probably masks the static. My commercial real estate brokerage clients and friends ask me "What's that?" most of the time. Can't wait for Tesla to get this bug exterminated. :cool:

I'm still on the .56 flavor of 7.0. I hear a slight buzzing from what sounds like the driver's side A pillar speaker area it seems about half the time when the brake hold feature is engaged at a light. If I tap the accelerator to disengage the brake hold, it goes away. Sounds like that's a little different from this issue?

I can confirm that mine does too - for me it starts the noise when brake hold and also goes away when tap accel. I thought I was only one :)

I've had the problems mentioned above: statics in tunein and in rdio and on usb. Also noticed indeed accelerated music, distortion. Rebooted 3 times the main screen and once the dashboard and eventually this last reboot fixed it. Am on .217

- - - Updated - - -

I've had the problems mentioned above: statics in tunein and in rdio and on usb. Also noticed indeed accelerated music, distortion. Rebooted 3 times the main screen and once the dashboard and eventually this last reboot fixed it. Am on .217