Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a 22 M3 LR .... Something is up.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the part that I'm really confused on. He showed me at the office on his phone, and then sent me the autocheck today and it shows all clear. The report shows it was pulled today. Unless he photoshopped it lol. What I dont get is this...

1) Why would the report be any different if I bought an autocheck?
You would be sure that it was not an photo-edited version that was shown to you.

The various title and registration search services mostly look at the same sources, but there may be a few sources that some check or find that others do not.

If the car passed through an IAAI auction, but that auction did not show up on the "Autocheck report", that raises suspicion about that report.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeddyWap
No account there, and I can see the 360 degree view just fine.

Regarding the current lack of salvage or rebuilt title, it seems like the car has been moved around or titled in several states (CA, AZ, NV, FL), so any salvage or rebuilt status may not yet have caught up to it due to DMV slowness, or there may be an attempt at title washing.
Big red flag there. Don't walk, Run away.

You guys are so dramatic :) all the buyer needs to do is run a carfax himself, it costs $6 on gooffood.com, and they will know the title history.

From what I have read so far on this thread, I see nothing to be concerned about with this car.

That's an interesting response from someone who sells cars. Might you by any chance be the seller? 😂

This car has been registered in 4 different states... it has "washed title" written all over it.

A CarFax report isn't a guarantee of anything... cars with hidden damage and previous accidents have clean CarFax reports all the time.

Just my opinion, but I'd feel much better spending $50k on a brand new car from Tesla with a full warranty and guaranteed clean title than spending $46k on a *likely* salvaged car from a third-party that possibly can't use SuperChargers and may not have a warranty.

It's just not a good risk vs reward equation to me. Maybe if the price were $25k.

You guys are so dramatic :) all the buyer needs to do is run a carfax himself, it costs $6 on gooffood.com, and they will know the title history.

From what I have read so far on this thread, I see nothing to be concerned about with this car.

But your account name is "evrepair" and you currently are trying to sell (2) salvage teslas here in the marketplace, so obviously a salvage car doesnt scare you.

See the "IAA Inc." at the bottom of the photo?

IAAI is a place where insurance companies auction off cars that they bought through total loss settlements.

Here is a web page with some more information about the car and the same photo:

The sales history on that page says that it was sold at the IAAI auction on 2022-08-19 with 8 miles, and the seller was Tesla. It also claims that the damage was a front end collision. If true, that suggests a new car that was damaged during transport or some such. Of course, it also means that Tesla knows about this car's history, and will likely consider it to be "salvage".

Here is another page on the car:

I remember that a year or so ago a trailer load of new Teslas tipped over, sustaining damage to their right sides. Is this one of them?

Yeah I spoke with Tesla and she basically said something is wrong and not to buy it. So it’s not under warranty and won’t supercharge. So that’s a no.

Now, with this price drop, a new M3P is $54k. With the tax credit it’s $46.5k

I wonder how low dealers and people will sell their 2021-22 Long Ranges for. ? I still see them in the mid $40’s. I wonder if they’ll take them down to high 30’s? Max $40k? Not sure they’d be willing to take such a hit for them. But, same time dealers don’t want them sitting in the lot forever. I’m guessing the value for selling them to auction has to have dropped too.

Dude, with the price drop today, just go buy a new one. A M3 RWD is $43,990, plus potentially $7500 tax credit.

Now, with this price drop, a new M3P is $54k. With the tax credit it’s $46.5k
Although the LR is not available to configure, you may find some in inventory. New LR in inventory is $49,990 for the lowest price version.

Good thing you didn't buy this just before the price cut to $37,500.

Though I will say that I'm extremely confident this is not a salvage title. First, the photos show it in a fire-damaged state and the extent of the damage appears minimal. Second, it is a "new" car with the stickers still on the dashboard and everything, so it was clearly damaged in transport or pre-delivery. Third, there's no reason to assume that cars auctioned by the insurance liquidator are salvaged - where else would you expect automakers to send damaged cars? Tesla doesn't have the time or staff to manage repairs like that, they just dump it on an auction house and move on.

Good thing you didn't buy this just before the price cut to $37,500.

Though I will say that I'm extremely confident this is not a salvage title. First, the photos show it in a fire-damaged state and the extent of the damage appears minimal. Second, it is a "new" car with the stickers still on the dashboard and everything, so it was clearly damaged in transport or pre-delivery. Third, there's no reason to assume that cars auctioned by the insurance liquidator are salvaged - where else would you expect automakers to send damaged cars? Tesla doesn't have the time or staff to manage repairs like that, they just dump it on an auction house and move on.
Right right. The only thing I got was the girl from Tesla on the phone saying "i would be wary of buying this car" I feel she was trying to hint at giving me information, without giving me information since Im not the owner.

Third, there's no reason to assume that cars auctioned by the insurance liquidator are salvaged - where else would you expect automakers to send damaged cars? Tesla doesn't have the time or staff to manage repairs like that, they just dump it on an auction house and move on.

However, would Tesla consider the car to be "salvage" and thus ineligible for warranty and Supercharger use?

“Salvage” is a state regulated designation and Tesla has no interest in skewing their own inventory that way. In fact, one of the reasons for the state regulation is to prevent manufacturers/dealers from making major repairs under the radar in efforts to avoid the title branding.

Also, I don’t think the supercharger ban is much of an issue anymore. I believe it’s more reasonable and negotiable now.

Reactions: FeddyWap