Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there weren't so many car haulers helping the Dodge truck out I would be a little concerned on how empty the lot still looks. Hopefully as noted above they might have there logistics figured out to keep up with production. keeping a days worth of cars on the lot?

Finally got a delivery date for our 3, May 15th. 5 weeks after ordering.

Augkuo thanks again for the photo's.

Reactions: LonestarV
The 3 line was stopped for a week which drained the lot. Hopefully, the car carriers match production going forward, and are numerous :)

Yes, I am aware. I mean now that production should be back to pre-shutdown numbers (allowing room for a gradual ramp to those numbers to make sure new things are working as expected) or even higher. I was hoping the lot would be overflowing by this point, assuming same rate of trucks. As it is not, I am hoping they have increased the rate of trucks.

If we assume ~50 trucks a day to keep up with the ~3000/week delivery rate, and say loading truck takes 1 hour and they are doing it 16 hours a day, on average hour we should see 3-4 trucks at any given moment. If the loading takes 2 hours, double that.

True. Also there's S/X models shipped, so estimating A trucks = B model3's delivered is ballpark at best. But earlier we often saw 7-10 trucks at the lot, so now the 3-5 sounds low but based on that estimate above it could still be 3k+ weekly production.
I would give it a few more days for the lot to fill. Based on Troy's sheet, it looks like VIN assignments just started to pick back up to pre-shutdown level yesterday. My theory is that VINs are assigned after car comes out of production, but before shipping out, so it may take a few days for the VIN assignments from yesterday to reaching the parking lot to ship out.

I would give it a few more days for the lot to fill. Based on Troy's sheet, it looks like VIN assignments just started to pick back up to pre-shutdown level yesterday. My theory is that VINs are assigned after car comes out of production, but before shipping out, so it may take a few days for the VIN assignments from yesterday to reaching the parking lot to ship out.

And hopefully, the lot doesn't fill. Tesla needs to start balancing factory output with truck deliveries. Nirvana should be lots of trucks loading at the lot, but the quantity of cars stored there approximately constant.

We happened to be driving past the factory this evening. My wife snapped this picture at my request so we don’t all go into withdrawal before the weekend.

Bruce.

84F981A9-4D1B-4D4D-A404-F0BFF972321B.jpeg