Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S/X is 2k/ wk on their line. Model 3 is on its own line. Rates are per week, not month, so 5k 3s per week on one line is one every 2 minutes if plant runs 24/7. At 17 hours per day 7 days a week: 3k/wk is 2.4 minutes per car.

My bad on the rate being per week rather than per month. Though they are running two parallel lines for Model 3. There are a total of 4 production lines at the plant now: 1X Model S, 1X Model X, 2X Model 3. The cars in the lot will be piling up in the lot that fast, but the cycle time of the line is 2X your number. Still pretty fast. They can probably only achieve it by doing multiple steps at once when possible. For example someone is installing the frunk while someone else is putting in the seats.

• Funny
Reactions: dc_h
My bad on the rate being per week rather than per month. Though they are running two parallel lines for Model 3. There are a total of 4 production lines at the plant now: 1X Model S, 1X Model X, 2X Model 3. The cars in the lot will be piling up in the lot that fast, but the cycle time of the line is 2X your number. Still pretty fast. They can probably only achieve it by doing multiple steps at once when possible. For example someone is installing the frunk while someone else is putting in the seats.

This is the first I've heard of Tesla currently having two lines for the 3. They are planning to duplicate equipment to hit 10k/wk. Last I knew, S/X had separate body in white lines and a combined final assembly. Did I miss an Electrek article?

Doing two jobs at the same cell reduces line size but is not a requirement for hitting the speed. If any process cannot be reduced to less than the target takt time sub processes, it has to be paralleled.

2X Model 3 line was planned for 10K/week. Tesla only has one Model 3 line right now.

Funny you questioned my numbers but didn’t reply to me.

Perhaps you are thinking about 2nd battery pack line at Gigafactory? If not then, stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking :p

I don't have drugs as an excuse.

I have had a lot on my mind lately. Though by the way people were driving today, I don't think I was alone. People were either doing crazy, agressive things on the road or they were driving under the speed limit and blocking traffic.

8587A6B8-83E8-435D-8CBC-F13218C2C91D.jpeg
F2645020-4975-4A83-A54F-A3EA65818B95.jpeg
6DE7A304-80CA-487D-BCA7-5C8EA5D64119.jpeg
12C6DDDE-8F96-4605-9036-A8697AC46AC4.jpeg
265838AE-60FC-43EC-BB9B-7995285DCA5E.jpeg
4/26/18 around 7am. Lot is maybe 20% full - 5 car carriers loading.