Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that they dont deliver you the car unless you are 160 miles away or more.
It depends. Often, that is the case but in the 3rd quarter, they were doing home delivery in the Denver metro area (and other areas around the country) since the delivery centers were swamped. Instead of delivering via a flatbed or covered truck, they would drive the car and then use a service such as uBer to get back. I think there was a 15 mile max distance limit. I lived 17 miles away and ended up taking delivery in Littleton.

I read that they dont deliver you the car unless you are 160 miles away or more.

That was the original delivery option, but now anyone can get home delivery. There are people in the Bay Area less than 20 miles from the factory getting home delivery.

When I volunteered at Tesla Portland last weekend I spoke with two people who lived closer to there than I do who had home delivery scheduled, but Tesla canceled it that morning and said they had to come in.

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon

For RI, because Tesla doesn't have any Stores or Service Centers here, the closest one to us is in Dedham, MA, which, for me, is only about 40 miles away. No big deal for me to drive up there. However, I noticed that all of the RI'ers getting their Model 3's (and S's and X's) were doing the home delivery, so I wasn't sure why. It turns out that MA has a law where if a non-resident picks up their car in MA, they will be required to pay MA sales tax AS WELL AS the sales tax in the state you register the vehicle. Unlike other states where you may pay that state's sales tax, and then the remaining amount in your state, you actually have to pay both states each respective full sales tax.

Tesla was also offering pickup at their Mt. Kisco, NY Service Center, and some RI'ers ended up taking the drive there. However, for me, that would have been over a 3 hour drive and about 180 miles.

--Cintoman

CDE7C92F-7DBC-46EA-A7DF-8503D4170AE8.jpeg
4FAE70C5-CD16-4B29-9B56-BF3B3DC2BF0F.jpeg
DD11E76C-53A9-465B-83CD-C3680186E869.jpeg
B749C153-309F-4EAB-B2E4-7B18DFC8FF75.jpeg
63923E6F-DDB3-43E1-9AC0-D8460AD0A28B.jpeg
45B4D4F8-A362-48EA-AAD7-21A46FA05004.jpeg
D84DE792-0B92-4607-8AD6-5D7BF8FE5418.jpeg
10/8/18 - around 8:20am 15 carriers in the lot and 21 carriers on Kato road. Still cranking out cars!

I was driving home from LA yesterday and between LA and Button Willow (2nd supercharger after the grapevine) I saw 13 trucks full of new Teslas driving south. After the sun went down I couldn't see them anymore. Wish I had known about the launch, I would have parked and watch the southern sky, or perhaps stayed in LA to watch it. The photos are amazing.

-Randy

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
Went by Oakville, Ontario service centre since I was in the area. Full of model 3s and one was being delivered when I arrived. Fit and finish appeared top notch when I had a quick walk around. Had a quick chat with the staff there, these cars are all spoken for. The loss of the $14K EV rebate here doesn't seem to have made a difference when you've got the most compelling car on the market. Also, I for one can't wait to stick it to Doug Ford for my next car purchase.

IMG_4194.JPG

How about some context? When, where, why, how?
Wow. Did a Tesla catch fire while on a car carrier? I wonder if there was an impact or if it was one of those rare spontaneous fires?

Or did the Semi catch fire? I’d be curious to know where the fire originated.

The semi caught on fire. Semi-Truck Hauling Teslas Catches Fire on I-80 Near Patrick

edit: I accidentally linked the wrong article. This is the correct article: Southbound I-29 near KCI reopens after semi truck fire causes shut down

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and mhan00