Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 307831 View attachment 307832 View attachment 307833 View attachment 307834 View attachment 307835 View attachment 307836 View attachment 307837 View attachment 307838 View attachment 307839 6/8/18 around 9:00am - 3 car carriers loading, lot is pretty full except to make room for the car carriers. Looks like the new line (housed at the temp building by thr north lot) is working. As for wrapping fully or not, most of these cars are just going to Richmond or other staging areas whereas some are actually going long-distance to their final destinations. I’m also not going to be at my Fremont office as frequently so sorry if the lot pics will be more infrequent.

Thanks for all the pix you have uploaded. Will be missing them. Do we have a new volunteer?

I don’t disagree in principle , but t the biggest obstacle to people buying Tesla’s is building Tesla’s. Production and execution. They’re doing great, just need more faster.

Today that's true. My point is that there will come a day when Tesla's production capacity will exceed immediate demand. At this point in Ford's existence they couldn't make enough Model Ts, but there came a point when Fords sat on dealer's lots unsold. It probably won't be in the immediate future, but there comes a point where every product matures in the market.

Reactions: dc_h
Today that's true. My point is that there will come a day when Tesla's production capacity will exceed immediate demand. At this point in Ford's existence they couldn't make enough Model Ts, but there came a point when Fords sat on dealer's lots unsold. It probably won't be in the immediate future, but there comes a point where every product matures in the market.
That's one thing I hope Tesla's model of building cars to order will fix. Instead of building a bunch of cars that are either really popular to the point where a dealer marks them up, or unpopular and the dealer/manufacturer discount them, Tesla can for the most part only build what people want.

That presumes that Tesla will stagnate with the model 3. The four door sedan concept model 3 just barely scratches the surface of demand. Tesla will be introducing the model Y, then the Pick'mUp, and then the model 2 and then demand will be virtually unlimited.

I wonder why Tesla has not registered any new vin’s lately. Last numbers are from 23 May.
Technically they don't have to register with NHTSA until they're delivering the cars to customers. So now that Tesla has cracked down on VIN snooping by assigning VIN within 7 days of delivery, it's possible that they also wait till the last week before delivery to register with NHTSA. They've already registered up to 51733, in the case described above, we may not see new VIN registration until Tesla starts delivering cars beyond 51733.

Pics from Friday june 8th heading north on I5 near Williams, California.... I saw three car carriers of Teslas and two were all Model 3’s!

Thinking the fully wrapped TM3’s are showroom models....

Attachments

• ACD7ECF0-6365-4B20-8233-1F909D792D09.jpeg
    ACD7ECF0-6365-4B20-8233-1F909D792D09.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 5F2B092E-9E38-4B5B-B583-534C6D6BC811.jpeg
    5F2B092E-9E38-4B5B-B583-534C6D6BC811.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 4C720C5B-E34D-45EB-8D1E-0347CB17843C.jpeg
    4C720C5B-E34D-45EB-8D1E-0347CB17843C.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 6752C154-32F5-4EAF-B795-6EE23D689D76.jpeg
    6752C154-32F5-4EAF-B795-6EE23D689D76.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 65
  • D5C73405-C6A9-4942-9E48-7DFC4BC15F62.jpeg
    D5C73405-C6A9-4942-9E48-7DFC4BC15F62.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 70
Pics from Friday june 8th heading north on I5 near Williams, California.... I saw three car carriers of Teslas and two were all Model 3’s!

Thinking the fully wrapped TM3’s are showroom models....
Showroom or test drive. :confused:

I did hear that the test drive models were supposed to be Performance models...and some had previously guessed the Performance models were the ones that had the full wrap. Then again, it could be the new production line just wraps them differently. I'm sure we'll find out soon...

Showroom or test drive. :confused:

I did hear that the test drive models were supposed to be Performance models...and some had previously guessed the Performance models were the ones that had the full wrap. Then again, it could be the new production line just wraps them differently. I'm sure we'll find out soon...

The wheels look like 19" so wouldn't be the P model. Of course, the 20" have the same style so may be 20" but I thought the P models will also have red calipers.

The wheels look like 19" so wouldn't be the P model. Of course, the 20" have the same style so may be 20" but I thought the P models will also have red calipers.
I know we saw others that were fully wrapped last week that had Aeros. In the past, I've heard of them swapping out wheels upon delivery if the ordered wheels weren't available right away and they didn't want to delay delivery. So that is a slight possibility but it does seem to point more towards the new production line just wrapping them differently (especially if the calipers are supposed to be red). With the S, you used to be able to choose if you wanted red calipers or not (as not everyone who ordered Performance wanted red calipers) but there's no way to select that for the 3 AFAIK.

Technically they don't have to register with NHTSA until they're delivering the cars to customers. So now that Tesla has cracked down on VIN snooping by assigning VIN within 7 days of delivery, it's possible that they also wait till the last week before delivery to register with NHTSA. They've already registered up to 51733, in the case described above, we may not see new VIN registration until Tesla starts delivering cars beyond 51733.

Not sure about that. I remember reading somewhere that they have to report the VINs 30 days before the sale in order to give time for the states Motor Vehicles departments to update their records. (sorry to lazy to verify this info)