Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four reasons owning a Model S has been bad for me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely off-topic but I remember a National Geographic documentary explaining the differences between cheetahs and leopards (Night & Day was the title) and I'm pretty sure leopards were the loners and cheetahs lived in family groups. If that's so, the comparison is still matching perfectly!! (besides the fur).

The only social big cats living in family groups are lions. Both cheetahs and leopards are loners, except that cubs hang out with their mom for about 18 months. At that point, the male cub can actually be larger than his mom. Male cheetah siblings (2 or 3) do stay together and more rarely up to 4 male cheetah without siblings may form a group, per Wikipedia, which I had not known and which is probably what you are remembering.

More on topic, Wikipedia also notes that cheetahs manage 0-60 mph in 3 seconds. Hmmm..

Besides the two to three hour flight itself, there's the two to three hours that it takes to get from your house to being actually on the plane. Then there's the 45 minute wait for luggage (that hopefully makes it) plus the 45 minute wait for a rental car (that hopefully hasn't been smoked in or driven by someone eating the kind of chocolate that melts in your hands, and is also in reasonable mechanical condition).

Well, now I've done the travel time math. It would be 18-20 hours for me to get from Charlotte to Chicago when I include charge times. A $300 plane ticket would give me a non-stop flight of 2 hours each way. Yes I would have to wait at the airport, but I would fly in/out around the same time as family and even if I drove, I'd be heading to the airport to pick up/drop off family members. It is looking likely that I would fly. At 18-20 hours, I'd end up having to split that up over two days, which means, after the hotel costs, I'm likely spending more to drive than I am to fly.

Now, my Miami trip is looking golden to drive though. It can be done in 15-16 hours. The irony is that I can use my mother's car in Miami vs. renting a car in Chicago ($260 for a week).

I've never had a stare down with a car util I got my MS:redface:. Normally with my other cars i'd just get out lock and walk away but not with my MS there is total stare down caught somebody staring at me staring at my MS the other day if that wasn't awkward. I always take the longest route to spend more time in my car (weird right?) but if im in a rush its INSANE mode until I reach my destination........:cool: