TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Four reasons owning a Model S has been bad for me...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ozweepay, Sep 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. yo mama

yo mama Supporting Member

understood. I was (jokingly) suggesting that Tesla itself deploy underutilized vehicles via Uber/Lyft as a means of advertising the vehicle's inherent awesomeness from the inside, seeing as most people usually on see it from the outside.

2. Duma

Duma Member

The only social big cats living in family groups are lions. Both cheetahs and leopards are loners, except that cubs hang out with their mom for about 18 months. At that point, the male cub can actually be larger than his mom. Male cheetah siblings (2 or 3) do stay together and more rarely up to 4 male cheetah without siblings may form a group, per Wikipedia, which I had not known and which is probably what you are remembering.

More on topic, Wikipedia also notes that cheetahs manage 0-60 mph in 3 seconds. Hmmm..

3. Pete90D

Pete90D Fan of Red Lights

I can confirm that Tesla does provide loaners... badum-ching

(bad joke, but I couldn't resist)

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Well, now I've done the travel time math. It would be 18-20 hours for me to get from Charlotte to Chicago when I include charge times. A $300 plane ticket would give me a non-stop flight of 2 hours each way. Yes I would have to wait at the airport, but I would fly in/out around the same time as family and even if I drove, I'd be heading to the airport to pick up/drop off family members. It is looking likely that I would fly. At 18-20 hours, I'd end up having to split that up over two days, which means, after the hotel costs, I'm likely spending more to drive than I am to fly.

Now, my Miami trip is looking golden to drive though. It can be done in 15-16 hours. The irony is that I can use my mother's car in Miami vs. renting a car in Chicago ($260 for a week).

5. BozieBeMe2

BozieBeMe2 May I have this dance?

Do you remember the quote from Mae West??

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"?

Tesla style,

Are those your handles or are you just happy to see me?

6. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

That is one of my biggest concerns, too, regarding the idea of buying a Model S...

7. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

I've never had a stare down with a car util I got my MS:redface:. Normally with my other cars i'd just get out lock and walk away but not with my MS there is total stare down caught somebody staring at me staring at my MS the other day if that wasn't awkward. I always take the longest route to spend more time in my car (weird right?) but if im in a rush its INSANE mode until I reach my destination........:cool: