Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free 1 year supercharging on all M3 for rest of September 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the released numbers, SG&A was closer to $14,075 in Q2. It wouldn't be hard to believe at all that Q3 will be closer to $8,000. That would represent a $100 million increase in SG&A for the quarter.

Isn't the supercharger build out part of this number? If they paused the construction this would go down significantly no?

WTF. I bought in Q3 to support Tesla. Why don’t I get free supercharging!?
Your signature shows delivered 6/1/2018, thats Q2 BTW.

This marketing strategy is no different than buying a car on sale one week and a better sale next week. It doesn't mean you are eligible for the lower price. What this marketing strategy isn't is being honest because they said it would disappear earlier this week....but its still going on.....

Isn't the supercharger build out part of this number? If they paused the construction this would go down significantly no?

Your signature shows delivered 6/1/2018, thats Q2 BTW.

This marketing strategy is no different than buying a car on sale one week and a better sale next week. It doesn't mean you are eligible for the lower price. What this marketing strategy isn't is being honest because they said it would disappear earlier this week....but its still going on.....

Oh. Q2. Oops. Hehe. I still want my free year of supercharging for supporting Tesla early on.

Ya. It’s annoying that they say it’s going to expire and it just keeps going longer and stronger than the energizer bunny.

Oh. Q2. Oops. Hehe. I still want my free year of supercharging for supporting Tesla early on.

Ya. It’s annoying that they say it’s going to expire and it just keeps going longer and stronger than the energizer bunny.

However they do it.. Tesla needs to make it. You want your warranty to be worth something year 7.

Free supercharging is nice but its not best for the battery and it carries opportunity cost versus charging at your home and not worry about it.

I am taking delivery on a RWD tonight, no referral currently added. Going to play dumb and see if I can't get one added and then get the 1 yr of supercharging. Not a big deal, I doubt i'll use more than $200 of supercharging in the entire year, its just not as convenient as charging at home.

Reactions: Futuresystem
I am taking delivery on a RWD tonight, no referral currently added. Going to play dumb and see if I can't get one added and then get the 1 yr of supercharging. Not a big deal, I doubt i'll use more than $200 of supercharging in the entire year, its just not as convenient as charging at home.

I saw a guy yesterday at the Tesla dealer do this exact same thing. It took some effort on his part but in the end he got the free supercharging, and they used the dealer's referral code since he didn't use one in the first place.
I honestly have to say that it was painful to watch though.

• Funny
Reactions: SoCalGuy
I saw a guy yesterday at the Tesla dealer do this exact same thing. It took some effort on his part but in the end he got the free supercharging, and they used the dealer's referral code since he didn't use one in the first place.
I honestly have to say that it was painful to watch though.

Thanks for the datapoint. I'll still give it a shot tonight. Always works to simply play dumb. "I clicked my friends link thing and in the internets before ordering. My computer is old maybe thats why it didn't work." But in reality, I value the supercharging at $100-$200, so it will get the equivalent amount of effort.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
Tesla really needs to get their act together and follow a consistent and predictable marketing strategy :cool:
This is consistent and predictable any time Tesla hopes to make a quarterly profit. They did the same thing in 3Q16 when they sold everything that had wheels. ;)

Watch EV-CPO.com this week. The S & X discounts will increase again or may already have today.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Tesla is finding out what it takes to move a higher volume of cars. Watch for last minute discounts or bigger ones on Model S and X this week. EV-CPO.com tracks discounts on new and used Tesla inventory.

I thought I read that excess inventory, demos, CPOs were being cleared out like before. Of course we know that means fewer loaner cars when your car is in service but understand their wanting to blow out the quarter at this critical juncture of proving profitability.

Man, it seems like I'm replying to a bunch of your gloom and doom posts tonight... Ah well, worth replying to one more!

SG&A for anyone who doesn't know stands for Sales, General (as in general operating expenses) and Administrative.

If Tesla's SG&A last quarter was $15,000, considering they did NOT double sales costs, operating expenses or administrative compensation in the past three months (as evidenced by the frantic delivery pace right now) that number would go down dramatically because they are doubling deliveries, according to them.

If they double deliveries without increasing anything, it would cut that number in half.

Using the released numbers, SG&A was closer to $14,075 in Q2. It wouldn't be hard to believe at all that Q3 will be closer to $8,000. That would represent a $100 million increase in SG&A for the quarter.

Worth pointing out - Munro stated the material costs for the LR 3 is $28,000. If you add $8,000 in SG&A to that and reduce battery cost by about $2500 (assuming only $100 / kwh), it means production of the SR car would be profitable starting now.
Tesla has been increasing staff, adding body shops, new SC locations and, spending an enormous amount of extra cash to get cars delivered. Many reports are of enclosed carriers dropping new units at DC locations. They cost about triple the open carrier rate. You pay storage fees every day a car sits in a rail yard. Tesla has been paying to put cars in yards, parking structures, etc. The costs for this quarter are going to be earth-shattering. Tesla has already been discounting S & X inventory units for weeks.

Good for Tesla and even better to attract new bueyers. I took delivery a month ago, would free one year supercharging be cool? Yes, but it’s insentive just for short time, so all good. When you buy a car from a dealer and a month later there is a some kind of sale, do you go back demanding price matching? I don’t think so. Plus my AWD was $2K cheaper, paint $500 cheaper and free LTE connectivity, plus cheaper delivery. So I am good and happy for the rest of potential Tesla Family! Don’t wait, don’t hesitate, car is amazing.

Received this email in regards to my inquiry of 1 year of supercharging on my AWD:

F1C9592B-16C6-46DA-8868-97B7DB3298C4.jpeg

Received this email in regards to my inquiry of 1 year of supercharging on my AWD:

View attachment 337238
Seems like this contradicts reports of actually buyers - not surprising since you can talk to 5 different delivery advisors in the call center and get 5 different answers (for example, one Tesla rep told me Tesla was accepting personal checks this week given the huge delivery push while another said no personal checks and a third said personal checks allowed up to $10K)