Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Autopilot for a month.... Yes Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been bugging the manger at my local shop for a while about the idea of giving owners a preview or test drive of some expensive software. I'm not alone in making this noise obviously so I was surprised when I woke up this morning to find this on my car's screen. "Try autopilot free for a month" I clicked enable and in about 30 seconds the car was awake and ready! I took the kiddos to school using it and it was awesome. No i'm still not sure if its worth the 3k price tag or if its just a cool little tool.

That would be a good way to make some extra cash on people who didn't buy autopilot in the first place. Free for a month to see what they are missing. And since it is an over the air software change, it would be of minimal cost to Tesla to turn it on and off.

I also received my notification this morning ... :cool:
AP would not install when driving, so I pulled over and downloaded the app!
IMG_4812.jpg

Reactions: rcsting
I know I am in the minority here, but I do not want auto-pilot. I use my car for around town and our major interstate is under a 6 year renovation/expansion project. In addition to it being a lease for another 2 1/2 yrs, spending $3k to use AP a few times is not worth it. I will most likely give it more consideration on the Model 3 which will be purchased instead of leased and our interstate should be drivable by then...I hope.

what do you guys think about it? its very cool but i don't think its worth the 3k option. the summons part is cool to impress your friends but the practicality doesn't seem to be there for me

Everybody is different but imo I would absolutely not purchase a Tesla without AP. AP works very well on the highway, in stop and go traffic, and allows me to check my phone/rest at a red light when someone is in front of me. You have to use it for awhile to get an idea of when it will work well and when you need to be extra cautious and potentially take over. Even in its present state, AP has reduced my stress level and cognitive load so much. Highly recommended!