Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free FSD for April -- but not for me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that our cars will be downgraded to an older software version for FSD. At least my 2020 Model Y has the ultrasonic sensors (USS) and I believe we are on a different software path than the newer cars because of it. Once Tesla releases a software update for our cars that has FSD included with the software, I'm hoping that we will get the full 1 month free trial. When Tesla decided to stop using our USS and use only vision, we've been excluded from some of the features that we used to be capable of like Summon, etc..., but they were promised to come back in a future release.

Upvote 0
I received the software update several days ago and yesterday was my first attempt to use it. I have tested Cadillac Cruise a few years back. It was a bit unnerving at first, but worked very well. It did get confused in one spot and I took over. There is a jughandle (NJ thing) near my home. There is a Yield sign and one must turn left from the left lane and right from the right lane. The road surface is clearly marked and lined. To get home it is a left turn and then back across the main road. I approached the left turn, the car slowed and crawled and was wavering between the left and right lane. No one was behind me, so no big deal, but if there were cars behind me or in the right lane, it could have been an issue. At the very least confused the others and I may have received some horns as an alert.

I have not yet read the Tesla guides on use of FSD but was coming home late last night and tried a couple miles from the house as no one else was on the roads. Also a bit unnerving at first, LOL, but I will do a read on using it and give it a try. My wife said I better not do it with her in the car.

Upvote 0