Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free premium Connectivity ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we’re saying there’s probably 1?to 3? thousand owners that might meet the criteria:

• UK cars;
  • *Ordered* (not Reserved) in May or June 2019;
  • LR or P Only;
Probably too small beer for the no win no fee investors.

Invoice numbers were well in to the 6000's by 1st July 2019 when the original description was still being used. Most of these would have been really important Tesla owners at the time. The ones that believed in Tesla and wanted them to succeed when they were an outcast. Giving Tesla interest free loan of £1000, some for more than 3 years for no tangible benefit other than to help Tesla succeed and keep out of financial trouble whilst they were struggling developing and producing the Model 3.

It could have so easily ended differently. Whilst Tesla may seem like the big success story now, early days things were not so certain and I believe that early reservation holders helped play a significant part in allowing Tesla to turn around their fortune.

Whilst Tesla may seem like the big success story now, early days things were not so certain and I believe that early reservation holders helped play a significant part in allowing Tesla to turn around their fortune.

I'm happy there were enough perks for buying early. I got homelink, frunk mat, 16a commando socket, frunk hooks, dimming mirrors, door bin lights all included. Unlike most my 1st May config remained slightly cheaper after all those early price changes, I bet most people actually bought at a revised price.

Reactions: Durzel
Invoice numbers were well in to the 6000's by 1st July 2019 when the original description was still being used. Most of these would have been really important Tesla owners at the time. The ones that believed in Tesla and wanted them to succeed when they were an outcast. Giving Tesla interest free loan of £1000, some for more than 3 years for no tangible benefit other than to help Tesla succeed and keep out of financial trouble whilst they were struggling developing and producing the Model 3.

It could have so easily ended differently. Whilst Tesla may seem like the big success story now, early days things were not so certain and I believe that early reservation holders helped play a significant part in allowing Tesla to turn around their fortune.
Was it not Ford Motors that was reputedly looking to buy out Tesla during those days ? How different things would be now if that had happened ! Early adopters have been completely ignored and forgotten.

Reactions: Nell
Anyone had any joy from Tesla about their connectivity on M3 prior to the changes in May?
I believe all who have complained about premium connectivity being terminated have just received the following -

Thanks for your patience here, we realise it has been sometime without an update. This is currently with our senior leadership team in the US and you will be informed on any changes that are made.

Not quite sure how to play this one yet.

My free premium connectivity ends on 28th September. I'd like to keep it for satellite mapping and Spotify particularly. Netflix occasionally.

Order was placed 9th June 2019 (LR Performance), amended 30th July 2019 (to LR), collected 29th September 2019. At no point in the order process do I recall seeing anything about a trial period for premium connectivity. I ordered it with "premium interior", end of.

Order was placed 9th June 2019 (LR Performance), amended 30th July 2019 (to LR), collected 29th September 2019. At no point in the order process do I recall seeing anything about a trial period for premium connectivity. I ordered it with "premium interior", end of.

You have a good case, definitely conceivable/likely that it wasn't mentioned at the point you ordered on 9th june - the website text changed to say "1 year included" somewhere between 4th june and 16th july.

You have a good case, definitely conceivable/likely that it wasn't mentioned at the point you ordered on 9th june - the website text changed to say "1 year included" somewhere between 4th june and 16th july.

I might not subscribe then and will join those complaining about it instead. I'm sure I could live without it in the meantime. What's the best email address to send this to? Not that I'm expecting a response based on previous communication pre collection :rolleyes:

I've sent to:
'Tesla Customer Service UK & Ireland' <[email protected]>
'AccountSupportEMEA' <[email protected]>
'UK_Communications' <[email protected]>
and
'[email protected]'

I've had three emails back from Tesla all basically saying the same thing............
"Thank you for your message. We are making progress on a solution for yourself and equivalent owners and will come back to you shortly with an update.
Thank you for your patience."

The fourth and last on 9th Sept saying........ "
Dear Martin,
Currently, Tesla has not changed its position and you will need to subscribe to maintain the Premium Connectivity features. You will be informed if there is a change to this in the near future.
Best wishes
Josh
Customer Service UK and Ireland

I outlined the fact that I ordered well before May (seemingly when the change happened) and have said that I paid my £2k deposit for the features described on their web site and at NO time was I informed, nor did I see anywhere (and I have copies of all the pages I visited during the ordering process) any mention of an ongoing charge for premium connectivity. This amounts to a contractual change and as such needs to be addressed immediately. I am not paying for something which was included when I originally bought the car.

I'm sticking out for my free connectivity and I know we are in the right.

Any QC's on here to offer advice to us all? I think we need to accelerate this.

raise a service request listing "something else" and state the feature has stopped working that you paid for - literally everyone who believes they are entitled to the feature should do this.

keep raising them, force the service team to deal with constant tickets about it. be relentless.

OK have done that,........... thanks.I wonder how many others have done it? Could some clever person who knows how to do it put one of those questionnaires on here to see how many have raised a service issue about this from the group? VanillaAir-UK? You're clever with putting things on here...........

Last edited:
Mine is due to go pop tonight as I will have had my M3P for one year come tomorrow. Someone with more knowledge on the matter had a look at my agreement and let me know that there is nothing in it that says it is only for one year. Mine was ordered on 12th August 2019.

Mine is due to go pop tonight as I will have had my M3P for one year come tomorrow. Someone with more knowledge on the matter had a look at my agreement and let me know that there is nothing in it that says it is only for one year. Mine was ordered on 12th August 2019.

I have all the original pages from when I ordered and paid my deposit (early May 2019) and there is no mention of it being a subscription image1.jpeg service

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
I've just had a call from the Service centre about my booking.

They are insisting that this is a subscription service and always was. I enlightened the operative telling him about the changes to condition at the end of May/June last year - well after I ordered and paid my deposit for my car, and that I am not going to pay for something that I have already paid for.

He referred me to the connectivity help pages (by the way, can anyone see when that page was created and published?), which I told him were written AFTER my order had been accepted . He then said that there was nothing they could do from the service centre and advised me to contact customer services for further advice.He cancelled my booked Service Appointment as there is nothing this could achieve to resolve this issue.

So.... basically, nothing changes....................... as yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Folks,

Purchased M3LR in August 2019. Premium connectivity ran out after 12 months (at least according to Tesla, but agreed the contract wordings at the time where a little ambiguous regarding duration of premium connectivity)

Started paying the £9.99 monthly from Aug 2020.

Last payment taken was Oct 2020 and I have not been billed since but still have premium connectivity ?

Anybody else had the same experience