Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Standard Connectivity for new cars limited to 8 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that Chargenet 300kw plow through it that much more quickly. I got their dongle so I have options. There's a 150 model just far enough south of Christchurch that I can probably make it there from home when Cromwell SC is US. If caught short, Fairlie and Geraldine.

ChargeNet map is great. Shame on Tesla.

I found BP has a great live map. At least it shows all the dead locations! What do they charge for it when they are working?

BP are at least taking a real swing at getting into the business, if none too successfully.

Bless the NZTA too but clicking on a list is half arse unless you are familiar with the route.

I haven't seen any at the warehouse here. How is the warehouse coffee?
Warehouse chargers are listed on charge net.
BP got real good fast chargers, some 300KW... and old trusty facilities as well... not as expensive as superchargers...
Tesla doesn't need dongle here in NZ, just works everywhere - unless you meant RFID tag for chargenet (used instead of mobile app).

Warehouse chargers are listed on charge net.
BP got real good fast chargers, some 300KW... and old trusty facilities as well... not as expensive as superchargers...
Tesla doesn't need dongle here in NZ, just works everywhere - unless you meant RFID tag for chargenet (used instead of mobile app).
Yeah. RFID. Maybe I risk another app on my phone and do BP as well? Not a lot of memory to go round in my old thing. How much is cheaper than SC?

I haven't needed to go anywhere much as yet so haven't a clue on SC pricing either!

It's good how Chargenet are simply up front about everything including tarrifs. Tesla could watch and learn.

Reactions: Audietron
Yeah. No way to plan a journey through uncharted territory a day ahead. They want to play fast and loose with rates.

Are they buying power at spot rates or negotiating flat rates? At the markup they get they couldn't lose much by flat rating the customers while buying on spot.

The only reason to buy on spot is if they can average cheaper by doing it that way.

No reason to make it difficult for me!

Yeah. RFID. Maybe I risk another app on my phone and do BP as well? Not a lot of memory to go round in my old thing. How much is cheaper than SC?

I haven't needed to go anywhere much as yet so haven't a clue on SC pricing either!

It's good how Chargenet are simply up front about everything including tarrifs. Tesla could watch and learn.
BP totally worth it if in your route not many Chargenet and more BP expected... I use it as backup and it's easy to load-offload the app as with BP you can even charge as guest and pay for session - no need for account.
I have chargenet, Tesla account - Tesla only charged 3 time in 2.5 years (2 Teslas)... Chargenet more... Home during most nights...

BP totally worth it if in your route not many Chargenet and more BP expected... I use it as backup and it's easy to load-offload the app as with BP you can even charge as guest and pay for session - no need for account.
I have chargenet, Tesla account - Tesla only charged 3 time in 2.5 years (2 Teslas)... Chargenet more... Home during most nights...
Not sure what you are saying. Do you mean you are chucking the app after trips and uploading again for next one? Having no account do you get the same pricing?

Not sure what you are saying. Do you mean you are chucking the app after trips and uploading again for next one? Having no account do you get the same pricing?
I get app offloaded if not used for 30 days... I rarely charge outside and at BP so when needed either enable or download the app and use as guest....
prices are same - guest or member... same as BP gas - membership card or not - gas prices are same.
pointed out this specifically as you mentioned that you couldn't have too many apps....

Reactions: QtownTaxiGreg