Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Super Charging on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You state SC01 and SC05 are "Unlimited supercharging" on your code look up - why two codes for the same thing?

Tesla has dozens of duplicate codes that mean the same thing.

Isn't SC05 the current code they use whereas if you look back at your pre 2017 cars they had SC01 before they got relisted and the code was changed to pay per use? What happened back then? It stopped being transferable which would support the theory that SC01 is transferable and SC05 is not.

This is purely circumstantial and really a complete guess on your part. I do not trust made-up conclusions or "theories" based on a guess from an internet rando as actual, reliable, data. Correlation is not causation. Look it up.

And as I explained before, there are no currently listed cars on EV-CPO that have 'transferable supercharging" so reporting both codes as "Free Supercharging" is correct. And as I said before, my sources tell me that "transferable" might not mean what you think it means (i.e. you get a one-time transfer), so even calling the SC01 code as "Transferable Free Supercharging" might end up being wrong. So listing them both as simply "Free Supercharging" is actually more accurate, since the future status of "transferability" is actually unknown.

I fail to understand why you refuse to acknowledge others may have information you don't. I

I'm strange in that I require actual proof of something before I blindly accept it as a fact. Obviously you don't. If you can offer some actual, verifiable proof of what you're claiming, I'll gladly accept the information as fact.

I see you've now copied tesla-info in giving the depreciation on used cars which presumably you've got by summing the values of the option codes, something that only a few months back when I suggested the correct autopilot codes for FSD were the ones with a financial value against and you told me I was wrong and that data couldn't be trusted.

I have not copied anything, and again, you're completely making stuff up out of thin air just to slam me and EV-CPO. Please try to confirm or validate your baseless accusations before making a fool of yourself, again.

I'm not supplying any depreciation information, and certainly not on the aggregation of the inaccurate and outdated values in the option code lists used for leasing new cars. Please show me exactly where I'm copying anything from the other site. I've asked you before, and I'll ask you again, PLEASE STOP FABRICATING COMPLETELY FALSE INFORMATION JUST TO SLAM EV-CPO. You keep doing it, and each and every time I prove you completely WRONG.

And for the record, every other site out there is only copying what I first created in 2015. To quote Oscar Wilde: “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

Perhaps you should take a chill pill, have some humility and say "thanks, I didn't know that, it seems to make sense at face value, I'll see if the data supports the theory" rather than try and rubbish me at every opportunity you can. Just a thought.

You're the one that takes the initiative at every opportunity to fabricate data and then use that against EV-CPO, as if somehow your made-up information is actual verifiable fact. Why don't you just give it up already? I've proven you wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. I refuse to "take a chill pill" when you continue to tarnish the reputation of me and EV-CPO at every possible turn.

Last edited:
Tesla has dozens of duplicate codes that mean the same thing.

This is purely circumstantial and really a complete guess on your part. I do not trust made-up conclusions or "theories" based on a guess from an internet rando as actual, reliable, data. Correlation is not causation. Look it up.

And as I explained before, there are no currently listed cars on EV-CPO that have 'transferable supercharging" so reporting both codes as "Free Supercharging" is correct. And as I said before, my sources tell me that "transferable" might not mean what you think it means (i.e. you get a one-time transfer), so even calling the SC01 code as "Transferable Free Supercharging" might end up being wrong. So listing them both as simply "Free Supercharging" is actually more accurate, since the future status of "transferability" is actually unknown.

I'm strange in that I require actual proof of something before I blindly accept it as a fact. Obviously you don't. If you can offer some actual, verifiable proof of what you're claiming, I'll gladly accept the information as fact.

I have not copied anything, and again, you're completely making stuff up out of thin air just to slam me and EV-CPO. I'm not supplying any depreciation information, and certainly not on the aggregation of the inaccurate and outdated values in the option code lists used for leasing new cars. Please show me exactly where I'm copying anything from the other site. I've asked you before, and I'll ask you again, PLEASE STOP FABRICATING COMPLETELY FALSE INFORMATION JUST TO SLAM EV-CPO. You keep doing it, and each and every time I prove you completely WRONG.

You're the one that takes the initiative at every opportunity to fabricate data and then use that against EV-CPO, as if somehow your made-up information is actual verifiable fact. Why don't you just give it up already? I've proven you wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. I refuse to "take a chill pill" when you continue to tarnish the reputation of me and EV-CPO at every possible turn.
Every time I read “ev-cpo” I thought of that trash can thing from Star Wars.

@EV-CPO - Ignore that troll. You're site is the only one I will ever use and believe me, i'm on it every day hoping for a "deal" to pop up. That's how I acquired my '12 Sig Red P85 with warranty and SC01. Thanks again for the great site. As for the SC01 vs SC05 debate ... you have it right. SC00 is supercharger equipped, 01 is the transferable FUSC, 04 is the pay-per-use SC, 05 is the non-transferable FUSC, but you know this already. I wonder if Tesla is changing SC01 VINs to SC05 during the account transfer process. Is that legal?

Reactions: FlatSix911
@EV-CPO - Ignore that troll. You're site is the only one I will ever use and believe me, i'm on it every day hoping for a "deal" to pop up. That's how I acquired my '12 Sig Red P85 with warranty and SC01. Thanks again for the great site. As for the SC01 vs SC05 debate ... you have it right. SC00 is supercharger equipped, 01 is the transferable FUSC, 04 is the pay-per-use SC, 05 is the non-transferable FUSC, but you know this already. I wonder if Tesla is changing SC01 VINs to SC05 during the account transfer process. Is that legal?

Where does the SC0_ show up? Are you talking about the VIN or somewhere else? Thanks.

As for the SC01 vs SC05 debate ... you have it right. SC00 is supercharger equipped, 01 is the transferable FUSC, 04 is the pay-per-use SC, 05 is the non-transferable FUSC, but you know this already. I wonder if Tesla is changing SC01 VINs to SC05 during the account transfer process. Is that legal?

He's actually stating the complete opposite - he says there is no evidence that SC01 and SC05 are different things - thanks for agreeing with the "troll"

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
Where does the SC0_ show up? Are you talking about the VIN or somewhere else? Thanks.

Its in mytesla -> manage car and there's a link to the car spec. To avoid offending Hank I won't post a link where its explained in more detail.

For what its worth, I also think SC01 is transferable, SC05 is not, and the reason why there are no SC01 on ev-cpo is because Tesla are removing it from their used cars and changing it to pay per use, this has been widely reported and as he only lists cars Tesla list, there wouldn't be as they've all been changed.

My evidence for thinking that? If all the cases seem to fit the pattern you can conclude its probably right and I'm cool with that being enough proof, but if Hank wants to work on more concrete proof then that's his choice and his website. Doesn't mean the other sites are wrong to me, they just take a different approach. They're all useful when you're looking.

Its in mytesla -> manage car and there's a link to the car spec. To avoid offending Hank I won't post a link where its explained in more detail.

You're not going to offend me if the information provides backup or evidence. What offends me is baseless and negative accusations that somehow EV-CPO is "wrong" from people with a hate-filled agenda that offer no actual proof or backup for their assertions.

For what its worth, I also think SC01 is transferable, SC05 is not, and the reason why there are no SC01 on ev-cpo is because Tesla are removing it from their used cars and changing it to pay per use, this has been widely reported and as he only lists cars Tesla list, there wouldn't be as they've all been changed.

You see that George? There are ways to convey new information in a friendly, positive, and collaborative manner. Something you clearly do not understand (and probably never will), and you would rather choose to unfairly slam and tarnish EV-CPO at any and every opportunity you get.

He's actually stating the complete opposite - he says there is no evidence that SC01 and SC05 are different things - thanks for agreeing with the "troll"

And again with the negativity. Grow up George.

I did not say there was "no evidence".. I was simply asking for more substantial proof that what you were asserting was verifiable.

For instance, you could have just posted:

GeorgeSymonds said:
Its not SC01 though thats being used, its SC05 which is quite different.... in that one is transferable and the other code its not.

...and just left it at that. That would have been fine. But no, you couldn't control yourself and had to add yet another dig and slam against EV-CPO:

GeorgeSymonds said:
ev-cpo don't differentiate between the two but they should as they are not the same according to other sites

And as I explained previously, there aren't any cars currently listed on EV-CPO with SC01, so why does it even matter? SC05 is "Free Supercharging" for every car currently listed with that feature. SC01 is also "Free Supercharging" for many older cars listed in the archive. They are both still correct. At the time when SC01 was being used, there was no such thing as "non-transferrable free supercharging", so again, calling SC01 "Free Supercharging" is correct for the times it was being used. The meaning only changed when SC05 came into existence to only now mean "non-transferrable free supercharging". And yes, Tesla is actively changing cars listed with SC01 to SC05 to reflect the new policy. And finally, I still contend that cars currently with SC01 "transferable supercharging" may be demoted to SC05 when they are sold, and then no free supercharging when they are sold again after that. So I do not think calling SC01 "transferrable free supercharging" is entirely accurate. The only thing we know for sure is that SC05 is not transferrable.

Finally, I asked you to provide any proof that I copied the 'depreciation' calculation from another site that you so harshly accused me of. You're skipping right over that part. How about an apology and admission that you got that entirely wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: SigRed12
Finally, I asked you to provide any proof that I copied the 'depreciation' calculation from another site that you so harshly accused me of. You're skipping right over that part. How about an apology and admission that you got that entirely wrong?

Big enough to say I was wrong although I don't think its harsh to say you're adding features other sites have if they're useful, but I admit I did say it in a bit of a confrontational manner

You do now seem to be posting figures under the discount column on some but not all used cars although I can't really work out what they relate to. I can only think its to the average price for that model, year, spec etc and therefore some form of value assessment. Maybe you could explain,

@GeorgeSymonds: The discount column for the used cars is the difference between Tesla's initial listing and the current listing. I think it's even explained on the web page somewhere. He's not making any of those number up or correlating to any other non-Tesla value. Only what Tesla has "discounted" the car since they initially listed it. Hope this helps.

You do now seem to be posting figures under the discount column on some but not all used cars although I can't really work out what they relate to. I can only think its to the average price for that model, year, spec etc and therefore some form of value assessment. Maybe you could explain,

I've been including a 'discount' calculation for used cars for quite a while now (at least a year or two). And the calculation is right there on any price history chart:

upload_2019-8-16_10-30-14.png

You could have asked me first "how are you calculating the used car discount column?" but instead you decided to just assume that I was copying some other website's method and then slam me for it. George, your bias is showing.

I took delivery of my new Long Range Model S eight days before they announced Free Supercharging. It was the feature i most wanted. So far, nobody has been able to do anything about it, not my sales rep or tweeting to Elan, nothing.

II wish there was something i could do. I was just outside the "return it" window and so couldn't force the issue. I'm really disappointed, this is a lousy way to start a customer relationship.
I complained too, but no one at Tesla is going to do anything about it. I do understand their position.

Long time tesla supporter and really disappointed for the first time. I was suckered into upgrading my 15 MS to get ludicrous for free and took delievery a month ago. Right after that they included ludicrous in the performance version. So the 120k car I thought I was getting a good deal on evaporated over night. Then 30 days later they reinstate unlimited super charging, argggg. Really disappointed. I hope they grandfather it a month or more. Anyone know who I can complain to or is it not worth it?

Totally agree with you! I’ve never seen a worse move in car history for someone in your shoes who just ordered a new car. It’s really unfair to devalue a car by so much for someone who bought in a few weeks earlier.

I bought a few days before they announced free supercharging and luckily they were able to include it in my order.