Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging Coming to an end

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You still need to take delivery before April 2017 for unlimited SC.

Yes indeed, and I'm currently showing Feb-early March, which has moved out from late Jan-early Feb. Like many others the end of March is the latest, not just because of the VED changes but because I couldn't stand waiting any longer. Every other car I've bought new has been a stock vehicle so this is the first time I've had to wait, and waiting is not something I'm keen on :)

Hey DJ, I'm with you on the waiting bit. Horrible.
When did you order your MX? Mine confirmed 14/11 and nothing at all showing on my tesla, although dealer said when ordering 1st Nov, mid March delivery... Interested to understand times and also when your "my tesla" acc was updated. Thanks

Hey DJ, I'm with you on the waiting bit. Horrible.
When did you order your MX? Mine confirmed 14/11 and nothing at all showing on my tesla, although dealer said when ordering 1st Nov, mid March delivery... Interested to understand times and also when your "my tesla" acc was updated. Thanks

I've ordered an S not an X. I haven't a clue how Tesla decide what to build and when. Even less idea when it's an X. It has been confirmed that delivery before the 1st April for free Supercharging is not required, the cut off is the order date of 31st Dec. I don't think the Tesla blog has been updated to that effect though.

For the VED changes it seems that if the car is on dry land in Europe it can be registered but if it's still out at sea it can't.

To answer your question I ordered and confirmed on 30/10 with VIN issued that day. I'm still in the production queue. On order delivery was late Jan/Feb. The next day it moved to Feb/early March and has stayed there.

• Informative
Reactions: Lowey007