Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging for 1 year even for RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Elon said FUSC was not coming back I was asking if it was not coming back as in really not coming back. Like pinkie swear level not coming back.

Or was it not coming back as in “funding secured” not coming back?

Case appears to be the latter.
That was "lifetime", was it not? The $100 they replaced it with is about 20,000 miles worth (depending on the State you're charging in). This "one year free" is going to be a similar teaser taste, relatively speaking. It'll still encourage some unnecessary local charging, and has some incentive to charge above 80% SOC when SC hoping, but it's not the several year compounding issue that we had before.

I wish they'd find other incentives. The Superchargers in CA are crowded enough as it is ...

Agreed.
I pull in to EVGo CCS station ~6months ago running on fumes on my Spark EV. EVGo offers free charging for BMW i3s, Nissan Leafs, and some others for the first 3 years. Most EVGo stall have single station. And at that single EVGo station there is a guy charging and sleeping in his i3.
I ask him how long it will take?
His response "2 hours".
I am - what do you mean?
He points to 2 other i3s parked to the side - once his is fully charged - he is juicing those up for his friends.
I was out of luck at that point. Limped to a gym that offered free level 2. Slept in the car for 1hr to get enough electrons to make it to another CCS station, came back home 3 hours later than I should have. Cannot wait for my M3 AWD to show up.

Free is not good - there will be people charging just to save $5 and wasting other Tesla owner time who really need to get some juice to make their long trip.

Reactions: ℬête Noire