Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just confirmed through tesla support that my account is still pay per use. they have to escalate through the delivery team to do something that the chat rep didn't know, just that the DC team needs to address. will see how this goes.
Mine still shows the same. But I also just used superchargers 7 times in 4 days on a trip last week and wasn't billed anything. I think I'll just leave it alone unless I start getting billed before 2022.

We took delivery of our Model Y on 12/13, and were told the free year would apply. Also told our self-referral would apply.

Supercharged on 12/22, and website Account/History shows an original balance of 400 kWh, 40 for that charge, balance 360. But still after 1/14 there was no free year to be found.

Now I get a different answer by looking at the the website, Home/Manage/Details and it says free "Free Supercharging until January 1, 2022". Until recently it said Pay Per View or some such.

However, to get a third, different answer, I now look in the app "loot box" and see "Free Supercharger Miles Remaining 900, Expires 12/13/21".

Perhaps the 900 miles in the loot box is the same as 360 kWh balance in the history, computed at .4 kWh/mi or 2.5 mi/kWh, but those factors do not match the car's specs. Any ideas?

In any case, it appears that the referral miles and the free miles both expire in roughly 1 year, making the referral miles moot. I do wish I'd used someone else's referral code, maybe next time I buy a Tesla. ;-)

SW