Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does not say you must place a new order. Everyone that gets delivered from now to EOY will get free year of Supercharging :)

Some buyers may want to put off taking delivery until next year, for their own personal reasons. Tesla wants them delivered this year, so will add a sweetener.

Reactions: DriverOne
That year of free charging isn't going to mean too much. All depends on how much you drive I guess. Not to mention the distance/time it takes to find/run to a Supercharging station + time you have to sit in your car waiting for it to complete. I'd much rather take the equivalent value in discount on sticker the $$$. I am so much happier charging at home. :)

Yes, you should charge at home, but a significant number of Tesla owners don't have the luxury of home charging (renting). Forced to use SC's quite often. And I've noticed here in San Diego, SChargers are being built a distance of main Freeways, probably to cater to these folks.

I intend to do 100% of my normal charging at home; I’ve got the wall connector installed and ready to go on a 40A circuit, which should be more than enough juice to keep us topped off based on our driving habits. I doubt we’ll ever see anything below 50%.

However, we’re planning a huge road trip (2,100 miles each way) in Q1 of next year that would be totally reliant on supercharging. By my back-of-the-napkin math, free supercharging would save me about $400 on that trip.

I intend to do 100% of my normal charging at home; I’ve got the wall connector installed and ready to go on a 40A circuit, which should be more than enough juice to keep us topped off based on our driving habits. I doubt we’ll ever see anything below 50%.

However, we’re planning a huge road trip (2,100 miles each way) in Q1 of next year that would be totally reliant on supercharging. By my back-of-the-napkin math, free supercharging would save me about $400 on that trip.
Now imagine if you live within 5 mins of a supercharger. This unlimited charging would be worth a few grand. Just charge it every few days for commute and get like 15k miles in a year easily.

I wonder what happens for people already having some free supercharging miles from the referrals, do the miles get pushed into 2022 or just expired as is?
I have several thousand such free miles expiring in late 2021, and I just ordered a model Y on Dec.1, which is not delivered yet. Now even if Tesla expires my miles after giving me unlimited supercharging for 2021 it would be more than fair. But mentally it still feels like I lost something.