Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an easy fix. Just go to www.tesla3grilles.com and pre order a custom grille for your new M3

upload_2016-4-4_20-20-22.png

• Funny
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I think the "snout" is making a statement about NOT needing a grill for air intake. It's the look of the future. I do think the original design is a little *too* overpowering where your attention is drawn too much to the front of the car, making you ignore the rest. Yes, it does look a little like pouty lips, a duck, or mouthless Keanu. Anyway, this picture is my suggestion and attempt at showing what I mean.

View attachment 170665

Nice subtle change, RayLast. I like it. I don't like the Mazda Miata front end renderings but taste is such a personal thing, and no one is right or wrong. I hated the Model S front a lot at first, and now only hate it a little.

Tesla should leave the design as it is. I love it. One car cannot be built to everybody's taste. Some claim the front is awesome, but the rear end is boring and disappointing. Some claim the rear is elegant and S-like, but the front is hideous. Some claim the design is perfect, but the trunk sucks. And, then there's people who claim the exterior is all perfect, but can't handle the fact that there is no Instrument Cluster in front of the driver. If Tesla starts down the road to make everybody happy, they will impress nobody and the car will never see the light of day.

Just leave it alone! It is a much better car than anything available in its price range.

Reactions: AlanSqB and Bimbels
Front license plate might be an issue though, maybe some solution can be found for that.

Like in many places, they are mandatory here.

we could always put something like this

28045d1359609263-front-license-plate-bracket-img_0090-jpg

ashrzb4-jpg.170589

@Bimbels sorry but i still prefer this front design by a long shot and for me it makes perfect sense to go for a " porsche like " design as the motor is in the back on theses cars and so they dont need the front grill either ( and they could do way worse than porsche for design inspiration ;-) )

Reactions: voyager
it only looks good because the black color camouflages the fact that there is no grill where it looks like there should be a grill.

Disagree very much. It looks very nice -- a few subtle tweaks (I assume the lights under the headlights will be changed -- both the S and X concepts had lights like those that didn't make it to production) and it will be perfect. A grill would ruin it. I think a problem could be the potential disagreement between the main crease on the nose, and the two creases under the lights -- they come together in a slightly awkward way.

Tesla should leave the design as it is. I love it. One car cannot be built to everybody's taste. Some claim the front is awesome, but the rear end is boring and disappointing. Some claim the rear is elegant and S-like, but the front is hideous. Some claim the design is perfect, but the trunk sucks. And, then there's people who claim the exterior is all perfect, but can't handle the fact that there is no Instrument Cluster in front of the driver. If Tesla starts down the road to make everybody happy, they will impress nobody and the car will never see the light of day.

More truth than poetry in what you say! For me the side mirrors are a deal breaker. No side mirrors! (just kidding) I think we are all just like a bunch of kids waiting for Christmas to open that "special package." Christmas can't come soon enough for me.

Everyday, EV enthusiasts are faced by people who are stuck in the past and can't imagine anything but the the same old familiar combustion engines.

Now some of those EV enthusiasts, can get past anything but that same old familiar grill, that adorned those combustion engine cars.

There is some irony in there somewhere. I really think Tesla should leave behind fake grills with the combustion engine that fostered them.

We will get used to the sleek, bare front end, and soon come to appreciate it's uniqueness in a sea of me-too fake grills.

Full frontal nudity FTW. ;)