Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THAT'S what it is. A lot of the Asian companies are doing that. Compare that to what the German and American brand tail lights look like now. To me that shape just feels like part of the light is missing.
The new Audi A4....
Weiterleitungshinweis

Thank God, we have Franz and his Tesla designer team that did a great job.
Pure and clean design and as a Tesla recognizable.

I started this thread because I'm seeing some posts and tweets that aren't raving. I can't say I hate it, but when I first saw it I didn't know what to think. I still don't know. It's not a deal breaker for me, I still want one when they are CPO's in 5-6 years. But, I'm a little, just a little, disappointed.
front.jpg
Motor Trend guys said in person... it works and looks great. I'll trust them for now, but I think I'll grow to like it. I mean I like it already, just want to grow to love it. :)

The first car that I bought, a 1962 year vehicle , (in1964) had no grille. Why is a grill needed if there is no function/purpose for it. I will buy a Model 3 if it is the same as the ones in the reveal or have an emblem of some sort. It is what we are used to. Tesla does not style their cars just for appearance. Form follows function. The Model S and X have a front emblem that reminds me (a little) of a design done in the 60's. I still own the same make of car that I bought in 1964 except that it is a 1965. Consequently, I am used to no grilles

Attachments

• Tesla CFE-1.jpg
    Tesla CFE-1.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 131
The first car that I bought, a 1962 year vehicle , (in1964) had no grille. Why is a grill needed if there is no function/purpose for it. I will buy a Model 3 if it is the same as the ones in the reveal or have an emblem of some sort. It is what we are used to. Tesla does not style their cars just for appearance. Form follows function. The Model S and X have a front emblem that reminds me (a little) of a design done in the 60's. I still own the same make of car that I bought in 1964 except that it is a 1965. Consequently, I am used to no grilles
Heh. Before I even clicked on the image, I knew it would be a Chevrolet Corvair by your description. Well done!

I didn't like the front design since the reveal; still don't. I'm sure this is NOT the case, but it gives me the impression the design team was approaching a deadline, the front was the last oustanding piece and it was just thrown together. It looks like an unfinished design. I read in a few threads "fish lips", and this seems to fit for me.

They TOTALLY got the front end right with the Model S & X... sleek, understated and stunning. The Model 3 is just.... blah & ugh. I like everthing else about the Model 3 and feel I need to "hold my nose" with the [unfinished] front design. Stated differently, the Model S & X designs are perfect. The Model 3 design is almost perfect with the exception of the front... hence the existance of this discussion topic.

Reactions: eisbock
I didn't like the front design since the reveal; still don't. I'm sure this is NOT the case, but it gives me the impression the design team was approaching a deadline, the front was the last oustanding piece and it was just thrown together. It looks like an unfinished design. I read in a few threads "fish lips", and this seems to fit for me.

They TOTALLY got the front end right with the Model S & X... sleek, understated and stunning. The Model 3 is just.... blah & ugh. I like everthing else about the Model 3 and feel I need to "hold my nose" with the [unfinished] front design. Stated differently, the Model S & X designs are perfect. The Model 3 design is almost perfect with the exception of the front... hence the existance of this discussion topic.

funny
i'm not a fan of the front/grille of the MODEL S

They TOTALLY got the front end right with the Model S & X... sleek, understated and stunning. The Model 3 is just.... blah & ugh. I like everthing else about the Model 3 and feel I need to "hold my nose" with the [unfinished] front design. Stated differently, the Model S & X designs are perfect. The Model 3 design is almost perfect with the exception of the front... hence the existance of this disc

CLARIFICATION- "the [current] Model S &X designs [as pictured on Tesla.com] are perfect"

CLARIFICATION- "the [current] Model S &X designs [as pictured on Tesla.com] are perfect"

Going by this logic, once we have an acceptable front end for S and X, every single new model that Tesla does thereafter should look the same?

No Thanks. The prototype looked just fine. Every indication is that Tesla's great design team will do a good job with the production car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Sage and garsh