Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one lowers the plate to the grill-level , leaving the nose as-designed,
instead of the standard mount, ruining the typical view. In Holland frontplate is obligatory.
But the license block the air flow, also the license plate can protect you from other bumper cars scratching the nose,
but in this case the license would be below other car bumper.

I've got a Euro Model 3 on the boat, for a March delivery.
I'm Swiss based, and we have small format front plates here (8 x 30cm).

Could someone measure the rough width of the grill section (distance between the bumper and the bottom air dam) as I'm wondering if a Swiss small format plate would sit flush in that gap. It would look pretty slick if it did.

@TonyPham - a version of your transparent prototype you posted could work here.

I've got a small format plate on my Model S, low down and it looks pretty good.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_092958.jpg
    IMG_20180502_092958.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: TonyPham
I just got my plates for my T3D-. Any idea on how important it is to not block the airflow come next summer when it gets hot? I have the Tesla supplied front plate bracket but I have PPF on the front and don't really want to stick the tape to it. I may go naked without a plate but the state requires it (secondary offense) but places like Portland ticket heavily (meter maids will ticket you) and fine is $85.

Reactions: TonyPham
I just got my plates for my T3D-. Any idea on how important it is to not block the airflow come next summer when it gets hot? I have the Tesla supplied front plate bracket but I have PPF on the front and don't really want to stick the tape to it. I may go naked without a plate but the state requires it (secondary offense) but places like Portland ticket heavily (meter maids will ticket you) and fine is $85.

I spoke to a Tesla Battery Engineer that works at Gigafactory 1 during my designing phase with same questions. The opening is about 70 square inches and that only cooling vent is thermal management for the battery, drivetrain, electronics (including Autopilot computer), and the A/C condenser. Bare is preferred aesthetically, but The Bandit is probably the best design I could come up with & also allows cleaning PPF. Link review is in my signature and another one here, thanks!

TheBandit-Cleaning.png

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    436.3 KB · Views: 104