Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll point out that the Autopilot version of The Law is easier to put on than the older version. The new version only needs the included hex wrench and doesn't have nuts to tighten that really require a wrench rather than a nut driver or socket set.

This is an awesome thread.

Entering year four of Model S production without a solution from Tesla when 31/50 states require a front LP? Not awesome.

To be fair, the solution can also be having a nose one that is drilled into with a plate for compliance and then purchase a spare nose one for "looks."

The car just looks too good with a nose cone that is "unencumbered" with a plate.

There are a few threads on this I think. Magneplate is probably best if you want to install/remove the plate often, TheLaw is better if you want to permanently install the plate.

I use TheLaw and have no complaints. Make sure you order the correct one (AP or non-AP).

I wonder how well does the mageplate hold, esp around bumpy condition or extreme wind condition?

I've had the Magneplate and it is very secure. I've driven with it in stormy and windy conditions and it hasn't had any problems. I will say I suspect it has no problem staying secure at speeds above 125 mph :) . I haven't driven over what I would say are very bumpy conditions as I have the 21 inch wheels and try to be careful when driving over bumps and other difficult roads, but based on my experience, I would say bumpy roads should not be any problem for the Magneplate to stay secure.

I had my art department print me a copy of my plate on reflective vinyl, laminated and computer cut. works great!
IMG_6381.jpg
IMG_6382.jpg