Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front-rear camera touchscreen parking protection switch kit reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This item is no longer for sale.

That's a problem with the Panjo Marketplace. When you place an item for sale it defaults to a quantity of one and when that's sold it indicates that the product is no longer availabe. Then it won't let the seller edit or fix the problem. Not good. If they don't fix it soon we'll find another vehicle for selling these, perhaps my own web site. We did this as a favor to TMC, as they get a commission on each one sold. Thought is was the right thing to do, as the site made all of this possible. As fpr Panjo....no comment.

Rick, I have my cables and camera. Standing by to place an order for the kit as soon as the order issue is resolved.

To fix the problem I reposted the entire sale item in the Classifieds. You should be able to order now.

- - - Updated - - -

artsci, I'm following the link, trying to place an order and I get "This item is no longer for sale".

Am I doing something wrong?

Corrected.

Can I get by with just a long cable and a short cable. I didn't buy the cable kit because I didn't think I needed both short cables. Let me know if I need to order another short cable for the install (just ordered the switch kit, and will be getting the camera soon)

Can I get by with just a long cable and a short cable. I didn't buy the cable kit because I didn't think I needed both short cables. Let me know if I need to order another short cable for the install (just ordered the switch kit, and will be getting the camera soon)

Yes one short and one long is all that's needed. The second short in the kit is a spare, just in case...

Up to eleven orders now. If they keep coming in at this pace we we'll go into production next week.

If you have a Tesla installed front license plate, is there an adapter or something that we will need to get to mount the camera to the license plate holder? I did not see anything on the order page.

We're finalizing work on a mounting bracket for the Tesla plate frame. It should be ready and available by the time the switch goes into production. Cost is unknown but it will be modest.

We now have 14 orders, 4 of them from Hawaii owners!

The installation instructions are now posted on Teslarati.com.

Last edited:
jcasper, click on the link provided by artsci to order the camera switch. Preproduction orders are being accepted to April 5. The more people that purchase the switch, the less expensive the switch will be.

That sucks. We should work on 3D printing a new backplate. Now I wish I'd ordered the camera earlier and tried to do that. :-/

The problem is that the bracket is attached to the cable and a ribbon cable from the assembly make the connection to the camera electronics. Here are a few photos:

_DSC3904.JPG

_DSC3905.JPG

_DSC3911.JPG

_DSC3912.JPG

The problem is that the bracket is attached to the cable and a ribbon cable from the assembly make the connection to the camera electronics. Here are a few photos:
Interesting. I may be missing something, but pictures actually make it look like the silver metal part can be separated. It looks like the cable is connected to the black case using those two screws that go directly into the black case. The four screws on the corners appear to both connect the silver bracket to the case as well as hold the whole lid assembly on the case. The two screws on either side of the cable appear to hold the bracket to the case and provide stability to the cable (you can see the dimple in the bracket used for tension relief at the connection point).

It looks like it'd be relatively straightforward to design a part that's essentially a replica of the silver bracket after the wings are hacked off. I'll look into it when I get my camera.

Interesting. I may be missing something, but pictures actually make it look like the silver metal part can be separated. It looks like the cable is connected to the black case using those two screws that go directly into the black case. The four screws on the corners appear to both connect the silver bracket to the case as well as hold the whole lid assembly on the case. The two screws on either side of the cable appear to hold the bracket to the case and provide stability to the cable (you can see the dimple in the bracket used for tension relief at the connection point).

It looks like it'd be relatively straightforward to design a part that's essentially a replica of the silver bracket after the wings are hacked off. I'll look into it when I get my camera.

You're welcome to try this out and let us know what you find. I was a bit concerned about messing with the ribbon cable and screwing things up.