Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front-rear camera touchscreen parking protection switch kit reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please add me to the list. Two questions: 1) Where does the actual camera mount on the front bumper (and how?), and 2) Once we reach 100, how long until the kit ships?

I have cars that park right up against both sides of my driveway, and a bike lane that goes across the front of my driveway. I absolutely cannot see in to the bike lane where my nose first sticks out in to. I'm petrified of pulling out and hitting a bicyclist. The front camera would allow me to peak in to the bike lane. Considering I'm an avid cyclist, I am probably more concerned about their safety than I am the car.

Hi artsci. Please add me to the list. Thx much. Happy to do a non-refundable deposit per the earlier post.

Once the list gets to 100 we'll likely do a modest non-refundable deposit to accurately determine the number for the first production run.

WhiteP85 tells me I'll have a beta soon so I'm guessing it will be about two weeks before we're ready to make these in volume. But as he's arranging production I'm not really certain what the timetable will be.

Also WhiteP85 has tested the modified Chinese-made cable kits and they're good to go. I've instructed the company to begin offering the cable kit on their web site and to provide a link that I can post here. But as they're on holiday for the Chinese New Year, nothing will happen until the holiday is over. We're also arranging to ship replacement cable kits to everyone who ordered the bad cables. I'll post here when that happens, again after the Chinese New Year.

So we're getting very close.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a beta of a bracket that mounts the camera on the bottom of the stock Tesla front license plate frame. When all is ready, that will be an option. For those without a front licenser plate, we'll provide instructions for mounting the camera on the lower grille under the nose cone.

We have a beta of a bracket that mounts the camera on the bottom of the stock Tesla front license plate frame. When all is ready, that will be an option. For those without a front licenser plate, we'll provide instructions for mounting the camera on the lower grille under the nose cone.

Like the bracket idea artsci! Eagerly awaiting the "century club" so we can buy this excellent project.

+1. A single payment option makes it easy for some of us to just pay and be done with it. Thanks for your dedicated work on this.

Ok, things are now moving quickly toward offering the switch to buyers. WhiteP85 has sent me a beta, which I'll install on my car this weekend. I'll shoot some demo videos when I have it operational. I think he'll be doing the same. The front camera license plate bracket is undergoing modification and we hope to that tested next week. The Chinese cables have been tested and work, so that supplier will soon be offering a cable kit on its web site.

Once final testing on the car is complete we're offer a group buy price of $190 for the complete switch assembly, including remote. The camera and cables will have to be ordered separately by the buyer. The $190 price will be predicated on having at least 100 paid orders before production begins. If we have fewer, the price will increase.