Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frontview (or multi-view) 720p camera for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance we could get an HDMI input? Would be great to be able to have an aux video input!

Yes, I am making one extra board with HDMI input. We are working on the PCB layout now , would probably to have the 1st prototype in end June. Unfortunately we don’t have the knowledge to hack the audio part , therefore it’s just video only.

Hope any other guys could work out the audio source hacking part

Reactions: Russell
If the source has bluetooth perhaps you can pair it with the car for the audio. I do that with the iPad and movies and other media for the rear passengers in the Revozsport Entertainment Console I installed. The video plays on the iPad, but via bluetooth the sound plays through the car's sound system.

Here's a link to the post I made some time ago on that topic.
Thanks Artsci! That’s cool!

Revozsport is also from HK too, I know their boss, a nice guy.

I was looking at the HDMI to backup camera thread and trying to figure out what kind of 360 bird eye system would interface with it. In searching I came across the following products. Although for Audi/Volkswagon, it seems like they have the proper connectors and might be plug and play compatible with our backup camera feed. Would only need to install the cameras that come with the kit, calibrate, and install in the driver side foot-well. Am I correct that we wouldn't need an HDMI interface with these? Any thoughts?

Aliexpress.com : Buy for Audi with MMI system A1 A5 A7 A8 surround view device 360 degree 3D 2D bird eye camera system 4 way DVR (for LVDS monitor) from Reliable DVR/Dash Camera suppliers on XKeyless (Shenzhen) Store

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2014 2017 for VW Golf 7 with MIB2 system Surround view 360 degree bird eye camera device DVR (for LVDS monitor) from Reliable DVR/Dash Camera suppliers on XKeyless (Shenzhen) Store

This one seems to have an LVDS in and out, perhaps allowing continued use of original camera with a switch???
Aliexpress.com : Buy Sinairyu 3D HD 360 Degree Surround View Seamless Camera System for Truck Bus with 4PCS Fish eye Rear Front Right Left Cameras from Reliable DVR/Dash Camera suppliers on Sinairyu Car Accessories Store