Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Froot / Frunk Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who has the froot/Frunk hooks found them useful? I used to utilise them in the boot of my old car as they were great for stopping the shopping bags spilling all over the boot.

How effective are they in the limited depth of the froot?

And finally, does anyone know of anywhere you can purchase them to retrofit them to a model 3 that doesn't have them?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I've done the retrofit but ultimately haven't used them. They're good for aesthetics though to cover the bolts.

I've found I'm not using my frunk much at all. The bonnet just feels like it probably shouldn't be opened as frequently as the boot. I'm sure it'd be fine but the bonnet is rather thin.

As for purchasing, Amazon, eBay or AliExpress. Just avoid the ones that say they're 3D Printed.

I got these ones but they're all the same:
US $6.71 15% OFF|LUCKEASY car functional interiorfor for tesla model 3 2017 2020 front spare box hook accessories|Stowing Tidying| - AliExpress

You can spend a lot more on them via dedicated Tesla part stores in US or Europe but the only difference is the cost.

Reactions: Durzel
BD3FB167-34FD-45B5-829E-0264943F9362.jpeg
Well I bought them to fill the holes in but actually ended up using them :)

My car came with the hooks and I use them all the time, as I tend to use the frunk a lot more than the boot, usually for shopping. As above, they are particularly useful for stopping a takeaway falling over, and get used for that alone once a week, in addition to the weekly shop.

The main downside with the frunk is that it needs two hands to close, as there's a risk that it may get dented if closing it with just one hand (according to the manual). Because I use the frunk a lot, and because I want it to be "hands free" I'm going to fit an electric kit to it. Should make it easier when trying to open it loaded down with shopping.

Hi Empato,

I bought a pair of knock off ones from eBay, but I haven’t received my 3 yet and it looks like I will be getting the new frunk design and these won’t fit.
I can post you mine if you send me your address via a private message.

Reactions: Empato
I use them all the time when picking up takeaways and bought them from Ebay for around a fiver a pair.
They are sent from China and must be the sale of the century as postage would be more than that.
Arrived in only a week or so and are a perfect fit.

My guess is that somewhere in China there is a huge pile that were originally made for Tesla and for whatever reason they fell out with Musk as they stopped fitting them late last year even though the car clearly was designed for them.
It wasn't because of cost as the new M3's have wireless charging which will cost far more than these unless they were asking silly prices for them.

Looks like a takeaway, would I be correct in saying it was an Indian, based on 'O Bha' = Onion Bhaji? What else you have :p

The frunk (or "curry boot"!) is ideal for making sure that takeaway smells are kept out of the car. Most vehicles (including the Tesla) have some degree of communication between the boot space and the passenger area so it's good that the trunk is completely separate. People who often carry a bunch of keys (perhaps in readiness for opening your front door) should not be allowed to close the trunk ... it's an action that needs a degree of care in an area where any scratches will be very visible. The frunk lid is aluminium so it's super-light ... treat accordingly!

Anyone waiting for a Model 3 should hold off buying luggage clips for the trunk ... the design has changed.

My frunk is permanently filled with the UMC and extension lead, Type-2 cable, tyre plugging kit, compressor, de-icer, hats and scarves, hi-vis vest etc. This means I rarely open the frunk, but my boot and under-boot are kept completely empty. That’s why I went for a power trunk kit, but won’t bother with the power frunk.

My frunk is permanently filled with the UMC and extension lead, Type-2 cable, tyre plugging kit, compressor, de-icer, hats and scarves, hi-vis vest etc. This means I rarely open the frunk, but my boot and under-boot are kept completely empty. That’s why I went for a power trunk kit, but won’t bother with the power frunk.

Is there a risk keeping that lot in the frunk as I believe it can be opened without a key?