Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk dent and scratch - caught on sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I travelled down to Cape Canaveral to watch the Falcon Heavy launch which was great. After coming back home I reviewed the sentry video video (I received no warning at the time) and saw the following.
Sure enough a scratch on the right and a depression in the frunk that I didn't notice whilst we were down there. I'm going to try and suction out the dent. Hopefully the scratch is only clear coat deep.

Seriously? What is wrong with people?

I travelled down to Cape Canaveral to watch the Falcon Heavy launch which was great. After coming back home I reviewed the sentry video video (I received no warning at the time) and saw the following.
Sure enough a scratch on the right and a depression in the frunk that I didn't notice whilst we were down there. I'm going to try and suction out the dent. Hopefully the scratch is only clear coat deep.

Seriously? What is wrong with people?

@JulienW I gave your post a disagree because from what I saw this was an intentionally act as they briefly pulled near his car, sat on it, gave him the finger essentially likely knowing the car is recording and the gun hand sign. I don't see it as anything but malicious and feel bad for @MacGreiner that his frunk is dented now along with being scratched (good luck on the dent removal btw and let us know how that goes). The fact that these guys continued to pull further past when they left indicated to me that they stopped in the middle of a roadway/parking area and not into a parking spot so definitely his car was targeted.

Last edited:
OMG they intentionally briefly pulled near your car, sat on it, gave you the finger essentially probably knowing it's recording and the gun hand sign?
It appears there was a 3ed person taking their picture and they were trying to look "cool". Like "Hey I own a Tesla" cool pic for Instagram. If you watch one even signals to the 3ed person early in the video.

EDIT: After rewatching it is CLAER they are posing for a camera shot. They probably have no idea about the cameras in a Tesla or care.

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 12.53.55 PM.png

Last edited:
OK rewatched and agreed there probably was someone taking a video of them. However his Tesla was definitely "chosen/targeted" and no one expects to sit on the hood of a car without expectation of damaging it, not even ICE vehicles.
I agree but....I just have a place 1 notch farther down for malicious acts a vandalism, especially anti-Tesla.

Not malicious, just stupid. They saw their dream car, and decided to take a trophy pic with their gang affiliation hand signs.

Ranks up there with the woman in NYC that posed her dog or bunny on the hood for her social media account.

This is exactly what I gathered from watching the video. While ignorant, they did not hang around and seemed to want to get out of there quickly to avoid being caught and or an altercation.

I'm sorry this happened to you and it would make my blood boil as well.

This type of crap happens with Supercars daily :( (McLaren, Ferrari Etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.