Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated with repeated reschedule, need to take action.. Please suggest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 cancellations, 1 config change due to silver not being available any more, latest development is VIN removed from account due to "malfunctioning airbag sensor" no new delivery date. This ****ing blows.

As I sit in the waiting room too. If Subaru made an electric Crosstrek, or Toyota an electric Land Cruiser. I'd be in a different line now.

Amen. I drive a Leaf24. The only reason I'm ordering the Tesla is because I need a new car by the end of the year and Nissan is stubbornly not releasing the Leaf60. I will not buy the Leaf40 which does not have active thermal management of the batteries. We need real EV competition

As I sit in the waiting room too. If Subaru made an electric Crosstrek, or Toyota an electric Land Cruiser. I'd be in a different line now.

We need real EV competition

Tesla KNOWS they are the only game in town, and so many people have chimed in on this and other threads, "Hang in there, the car is worth it."

I don't doubt that, but just imagine what Tesla would be up against if there was an alternative. Tesla is lucky that the traditional OEMs have dragged their feet on this. I have a feeling a lot more people would have bailed by now.

Fortunately Tesla has some time to get this right. I can't imagine these problems lasting forever, but it does seem at this point Tesla knows people are willing to wait, so whatever, wait your turn. That's a bad habit to develop.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and MXWing
Sadly, I too canceled my Model 3 today. Same horrific experience that so many of us have had to suffer through. I was a fanboy, but after a Model S, Model X, Solar, completely buying into the vision, I am out. Disillusioned.

Feels like Tesla hired too many too fast. Their 'coordinators' don't know anything (no time for training?) and keep promising "someone will get back to you". Only nobody ever gets back.

Too bad Tesla has not figure out a way to scale the amazing client experience they pioneered.

The sucks @Nefistopholes. And it's too bad that Tesla does not care one iota.

I think it will be a long time before anyone catches up to Tesla. Which means a good % of customers are going to have a terrible experience and deal with it or a terrible experience and bail for the foreseeable future. Nothing for Tesla to be proud of, even if it doesn't sink the company. I have never encountered worse customer service in my life. They've had months to fix this (or at a minimum fix the communication), but they don't care and/or are incapable. Pathetic.

Sadly, I too canceled my Model 3 today. Same horrific experience that so many of us have had to suffer through. I was a fanboy, but after a Model S, Model X, Solar, completely buying into the vision, I am out. Disillusioned.

Feels like Tesla hired too many too fast. Their 'coordinators' don't know anything (no time for training?) and keep promising "someone will get back to you". Only nobody ever gets back.

Too bad Tesla has not figure out a way to scale the amazing client experience they pioneered.

You can say that again.

A couple of weeks back, I was going to apply for their Regional Service Manager (albeit I am an old man) to try to see if I can put in some QC to their daily operations and then I saw how much the pay is so I just decided not to waste my time.

Furthermore, based on my research, everything is dictated from Fremont so even if you really wanted to help your clients, you can't.

SAD!

Reactions: Nefistopholes
The sucks @Nefistopholes. And it's too bad that Tesla does not care one iota.

I think it will be a long time before anyone catches up to Tesla. Which means a good % of customers are going to have a terrible experience and deal with it or a terrible experience and bail for the foreseeable future. Nothing for Tesla to be proud of, even if it doesn't sink the company. I have never encountered worse customer service in my life. They've had months to fix this (or at a minimum fix the communication), but they don't care and/or are incapable. Pathetic.

My guess is we'd find out in about 2 years.

My delivery was rescheduled 5 times. After the 2nd date was missed, I stopped stressing about it. They called 3 more times with delivery dates that I took with a grain of salt. Each time they would schedule a delivery, they'd call me the night before to tell me it wasn't in yet. The last time, I didn't get the cancellation call and called them in the morning to find out the car was on site. I only had to wait another 1.5 weeks.

When you get a cancellation call, SAVE the phone number of the Tesla rep who called you. They're using their personal phones and it's really easy to get ahold of them this way to stay updated. I never call the main line.

Tesla KNOWS they are the only game in town, and so many people have chimed in on this and other threads, "Hang in there, the car is worth it."

I don't doubt that, but just imagine what Tesla would be up against if there was an alternative. Tesla is lucky that the traditional OEMs have dragged their feet on this. I have a feeling a lot more people would have bailed by now.

Fortunately Tesla has some time to get this right. I can't imagine these problems lasting forever, but it does seem at this point Tesla knows people are willing to wait, so whatever, wait your turn. That's a bad habit to develop.

Great post and I agree.

Car is worth it, and it’s not like a Tesla owner couldn’t get something else if their convictions lead them.

I wonder why GM just doesn’t decide to crank out 20,000 Bolts a week and push them loaded for $20K.

Build a nation wide charging network at the same time with their vast resources. Would put down Tesla real fast.

It seems any other large OEM could clean Tesla’s clock...

Unless they can’t.

Great post and I agree.

Car is worth it, and it’s not like a Tesla owner couldn’t get something else if their convictions lead them.

I wonder why GM just doesn’t decide to crank out 20,000 Bolts a week and push them loaded for $20K.

Build a nation wide charging network at the same time with their vast resources. Would put down Tesla real fast.

It seems any other large OEM could clean Tesla’s clock...

Unless they can’t.
Bolt. Shortest test drive of my life. Would have been shorter, but I was trying not to be rude to the sales person.

Subaru Crosstrek I drove at half the price was twice as nice. But not an EV.

So it seems like all of us are feeling the decline with the whole *Model 3 disruption*.

I heard somewhere that Tesla executives can somehow be contacted directly from this owner's forum... Anybody know how that works?

Would love to have a conversation with someone who is actually in charge and ask them if they are aware just how badly their reputation is bleeding, and what they plan to do about it.

Reflecting on my experience, I realize it would have been SO EASY for Tesla to keep me as a loyal client, if only they had an elegant, honest bed-side manner with communication. Instead of the multiple last-minute delivery cancellations, and the defensive and evasive, "we'll get back to you" and-then-never-getting-back behavior, a simple "our sincere apologies, we are running behind and working on it, so please hang in there, we promise it will be worth the wait!" would have saved me. Tesla should ask Zappos for some lessons in how to handle these situations. If this was Zappos, I probably would have been sent a dozen cupcakes, or flowers, for my pain. I had a tour of the Zappos HQ in Vegas a couple years back and I would recommend Tesla exec's do the same... and implement what they learn!!!

Seems like we, the Tesla alumni club really want to help - interesting that @ACA Man actually was going to get a job as a manager to improve things, WOW!!!! That's pretty cool.

TESLA EXECUTIVES: if you are out there and listening, please let us know. Things are sucky and we really want to be reassured that you know this, and are going to do something about it.