Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated with repeated reschedule, need to take action.. Please suggest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Today is my fourth rescheduling with Tesla for my model 3 and I do not have any delivery date as of now. My suspicion is, Tesla is just assigning a VIN just to remove the 'cancellation' option and to make some money out of customer's financing amount. My bank already paid money to Tesla, and I am paying interest to bank since last two weeks. But the car is still in transport. My question is, why they are promising a delivery date before having the car in the delivery centre? The process should be, first have the car in delivery centre, then inspect it and then promise a delivery date to customer. Harassing customers like this is totally unacceptable. I plan my day repeatedly around their promised delivery date and they keep ruining it.

I was wondering is it happening with most of the model 3 customers? Is there any way to get refund because of delivery delay? There should be a way to cancel the order in case of delivery delay for more than a certain limit. I cant wait for months and pay interest to bak for a car which I don't have.

I'm with you there pal. my was car is supposedly stuck in vegas for 10 days (vin assigned). I have already requested a cancel as it got frustrating for me. I couldn't take it anymore.

you can always call the SC and ask them to ping your car, they can and they will give you a location. if its anything but fremont CA or enroute to your SC the car isn't coming until they fix their logistics.

Reactions: des16
They are saying (based on the ping) it is in Tacoma which is 30 mins from our delivery centre. It has been two weeks. What do you mean by fixing logistics? What is your cancellation status?
I started to think they are operating on nothing but lies.

If it’s only 30 mins from the delivery center then what’s their excuse for not delivering it there?

Reactions: jcasetnl and des16
Hi,

Today is my fourth rescheduling with Tesla for my model 3 and I do not have any delivery date as of now. My suspicion is, Tesla is just assigning a VIN just to remove the 'cancellation' option and to make some money out of customer's financing amount. My bank already paid money to Tesla, and I am paying interest to bank since last two weeks. But the car is still in transport. My question is, why they are promising a delivery date before having the car in the delivery centre? The process should be, first have the car in delivery centre, then inspect it and then promise a delivery date to customer. Harassing customers like this is totally unacceptable. I plan my day repeatedly around their promised delivery date and they keep ruining it.

I was wondering is it happening with most of the model 3 customers? Is there any way to get refund because of delivery delay? There should be a way to cancel the order in case of delivery delay for more than a certain limit. I cant wait for months and pay interest to bak for a car which I don't have.
I wish I could offer some sort of fairy dust that would make all of this go away. Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm for many of us. I too am on cancellation number 4. I will say this. I do believe that we are in the minority. I think the majority of customers are getting their cars on time as promised. However, there are just way too many incidences like ours. I have told them that I expect some sort of compensation. I have yet to hear back. Frankly, I don't expect to. Sorry I can't offer more help.

Dan

Reactions: C141medic
I'm on delivery appointment 3, currently scheduled for the 13th. I have a VIN, have accepted Tesla's trade-in offer, and have processed payment. Just waiting through the reschedules with little-to-no info on what is happening behind the scenes. I get less confident and excited with each new appointment, but I know that one of them will turn out to be real at some point. I'll be burning a third day of vacation from work that I can't get back, many more of these and it'll start cutting into actual vacation plans. Would be much less stressful if Tesla were more reliable and organized with their delivery process. We are all their guinea pigs in developing their delivery procedures. I'm sure some day it will be a complete non-issue, but for now it sucks massively. Maybe we should all bug Elon on Twitter to gift us all free supercharging for a year as compensation.

Tesla is incompetent, not unethical.

A friend of mine didn’t get his car for about a month since his check was cashed. I went with him to the delivery center to drag some people to the woodshed.

They found a car for him that was even better than what he ordered.

If you can consider an inventory car the problem it would be a potential option?

Tesla is incompetent, not unethical.

A friend of mine didn’t get his car for about a month since his check was cashed. I went with him to the delivery center to drag some people to the woodshed.

They found a car for him that was even better than what he ordered.

If you can consider an inventory car the problem it would be a potential option?
Are there issues with inventory car? Or they just have miles on them? I’ve been waiting as well like OP and my car is only in New Mexico (destination Boston). The funny thing is, the original VIN that was assigned to me, is sitting in their back lot with inventory on the windshield!

What better car I could be offered from inventory? My car config is red AWD, white interior, non performance. I don't think they will give me a performance car if that is available in inventory. And I do not want to take any other color and interior combination. Can we collect details of customers who are waiting for more than 15 days after the first delivery date? I think we can claim a compensation because we deserve it as Tesla already enjoying our money before delivering the car.

This is not worth canceling much less stressing over. Simply ignore the scheduled dates and don’t expect to pickup your car until Tesla calls and tells you it is ready to pickup. If you can’t take off work on short notice, tell Tesla that you can accept delivery only on a weekend.

Edit: Don’t pay until you take delivery!

Last edited: