Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12 and Flashing Yellow Traffic Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 S 75D running 12.3.6. The biggest issue I have so far with V12 is flashing yellow traffic lights. It often slows down or stops for them. To mitigate I always keep my foot near the accelerator so I don't get rear-ended. Am I alone in this or is this widespread?

A pet peeve of mine is when the traffic light turns yellow and the car could clearly make it before red, but chooses to stop instead. It irritates me every time. I know I could have cleared the intersection on yellow if I were in control.

I absolutely get your pet peeve. I have mine too. I also have my pet peeves about how my wife drives, how some of my friends drive, and certainly how some of my kids drive. I'm hoping that FSD can eventually drive like a reasonable person would drive. By the time that I am no longer able to safely drive myself (20 years or so from now) I hope that FSD can not only drive reasonably, but drive 'in my style.'

Reactions: enemji and cmaster
FSD currently does not drive to please every owner. It will do things differently than an agressive human would, but the take away is that it does get the job done. Gets you to your chosen destination without crashing and close to the predicted time. It may make you feel uncomfortable or do things differently than you would choose, but it does get you to your destination.

FSD currently does not drive to please every owner. It will do things differently than an agressive human would, but the take away is that it does get the job done. Gets you to your chosen destination without crashing and close to the predicted time. It may make you feel uncomfortable or do things differently than you would choose, but it does get you to your destination.
Totally agree but the braking hard or stopping at flashing yellowa is breaking road rules and quite dangerous. Def hope for a fix soon.

Can you give us a picture of the flashing yellow lights?

Is it a single flashing light off to the side of the road?
1718317337680.png

Is it a traffic signal with flashing yellow lights?
1718317387819.png