Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 or 11.0

What version will come after 10.9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously they are working on V11. Not much value working on 10.10. If there is an update it will be minor with shadow code to get ready for V11. Amin said V11 is going to take longer than expected. To me that suggests it is 3+ weeks away. Elon said they were trying to get it out the door before the end of year, but obviously that didn't happen.

Last edited:
Obviously they are working on V11. Not match value working 10.10. If there is an update it will be minor with shadow code to get ready for V11. Amin said V11 is going to take longer than expected. To me that suggests it is 3+ weeks away. Elon said they were trying to get it out the door before the end of year, but obviously that didn't happen.
maybe 10.14 or 10.15 before V11 is released
Really hoping thats the case, I really don't fancy the current 10.8 FSD stack having control at highway speeds thanks ;)
Would be even less exited if they have to rush V11 out and it be worse than 10.8 just because they want "single stack"

The other side to that is that they just take ages to release V11 and just don't release 10.9 either.

Reactions: Terminator857
That's be clear what we mean here .. By "V11" you mean the consolidated NoA/FSD stack yes? We already have a V11 release with the new UI and feature set for all users (not just FSD beta).
Yea, I agree with this. V11 is just another number. It might as well be 10.100.whatever. We have the latest features they’re working on. It’s going to be incremental changes from here on. And, it’s going to get worse when they introduce single stack for the freeway.

Reactions: edseloh
Yea, I agree with this. V11 is just another number. It might as well be 10.100.whatever. We have the latest features they’re working on. It’s going to be incremental changes from here on. And, it’s going to get worse when they introduce single stack for the freeway.
I think they will be slower with the integrated stack .. partly because accidents at freeway speeds are potentially more serious, and also because they already have the NoA reasonably stable (phantom braking aside). So yes, I think it will arrive for the beta testers sometime before summer, but wont be in general release until 2023 at the earliest.

Tesla nomenclature:
The UI is listed a small v and number. The UI we are on is v11
The beta is listed a xx.xx without any letters so Beta users are on 10.8

Under Menu: Software Tesla lots the UI first (v11) EXCEPT in Beta cars it is omitted and replaced by the Beta number (10.8) but it is still UI v11.

This will case less conflation once we get to a higher Beta number like 13.3 and the UI will remain the same v11.x for a year or so.

That’s why I didn’t add the v into my original post. I think some people confuse that there’s a UI version number and an FSD beta version number. Partially Tesla’s fault…. I mean…. Definitely Tesla’s fault 😅

Elon did mention 10.8 being so good that it should arguably be called 11.0. That’s why I’m curious what you guys think about 10.9 then going to 10.10 and then to 10.11 before they switch the major release number to 11 or if he thinks it’s ready enough to follow after 10.9 (considering 10.8 was “so good”)

• Love
Reactions: JulienW
What are your thoughts? Will Tesla pull a fast one and keep going with 10.10, 10.11, etc, or will we move to 11.0 after the 10.9 release?
You're really asking two things. First, what will Tesla use as the numbering scheme? 10.X or 11.X? Until they combine stacks the answer to that question doesn't really matter. The second question is when will we see the combined stack? Thats the important question.

Pretty much just seeing a consensus of whether people think they’ll curb the major 10 version at .9 and move to major version 11 or keep going with sub-versions of .10, .11, etc
I suppose it really comes down to this
Are the issues we see with 10.8 now a detection problem (processing images or photon count) or a logic problem (figuring out actions once the image processing is done). It's been getting better at certain things while at the same time getting worse at others.
If the issues are logic based then continuing along the 10.x path makes sense as the work is likely to transfer.
However, if its detection then any work on 10.x is essentially wasted and its off to the delights of 11.x for us but after a lengthy wait for them to get 11.0 presentable for public use. This also means we are stuck with 10.8 for a while.

I don't have enough information right now :D

Reactions: Ramphex
Y'all didn't listen to Musk's interview with Lex Fridman. They are far from V11 single stack. TL;DR It requires extensive rewrites of neural networks based on single photon / pixel uncompressed surround video to reduce latency, rather than post-processed images or video. Some of the current nets STILL run off single cam single image rather than surround video, much less 4d unprocessed pixels. Also, more human-written C is being replaced by more/new neural nets, for both inference and control.

That said, IMHO, V10 and v11 aren't necessarily mutually exclusive--a lot of the nets can be carried over in some capacity, so different parts of AP team can work on both simultaneously.
I'm guessing they will need a complete and fully functional Dojo. I'll also assume that HW3 might need to upgrade to HW4 to accommodate all the additional nets. Maybe V11 after V10.30 in 2023? (Unless they push "single stack" to V12 and just run with V11 naming after 10.9 :D )

They are far from V11 single stack
The ideas of the single stack have probably been in active development for months maybe even over half a year, so it's not something new from the Lex interview. I believe this was the first mention of single stack back in July even before AI Day:

Beta 9 introduced vision-only FSD while Beta 10 likely introduced 360º video with memory for intersection predictions, so the natural progression would be to expand the new capabilities to more/all other predictions. Clearly it has taken longer than what Elon Musk originally thought as "just" doing the same thing for other predictions should be "simple" enough to get into a "minor" 10.1 release:

• Informative
I've seen a couple of Tesla employees on reddit talk about V11. Like Amin suggested phantom braking in V11 is currently much worse. Example: from 4 days ago, but then deleted:
Another example:
I don’t think this is talking about FSD v11. Sounds like some random internet person who is confusing UI v11 and through placebo effect thinks AP has more phantom braking with the latest update.

People are still listening to that Amin guy? Lol

V11 will likely not include single stack. Elon said 10.7 should arguably be called v11, so he’s already back-tracking the v11 = single stack idea.

I’m thinking single stack won’t come until v12, vroom vroom.

Reactions: Dualsport
Y'all didn't listen to Musk's interview with Lex Fridman. They are far from V11 single stack. TL;DR It requires extensive rewrites of neural networks based on single photon / pixel uncompressed surround video to reduce latency, rather than post-processed images or video. Some of the current nets STILL run off single cam single image rather than surround video, much less 4d unprocessed pixels. Also, more human-written C is being replaced by more/new neural nets, for both inference and control.

That said, IMHO, V10 and v11 aren't necessarily mutually exclusive--a lot of the nets can be carried over in some capacity, so different parts of AP team can work on both simultaneously.
I'm guessing they will need a complete and fully functional Dojo. I'll also assume that HW3 might need to upgrade to HW4 to accommodate all the additional nets. Maybe V11 after V10.30 in 2023? (Unless they push "single stack" to V12 and just run with V11 naming after 10.9 :D )

Pretty sure Musk said during the Lex interview that they were aiming for end of 2021 for v11 but missed. so if it's a near miss, then we should see it in Q1 2022. That's my prediction, at least.